Sansui QRX-7500 - faint static in front channels

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sansui7500

Hello guys. First post here šŸŒ…

I own a Sansui QRX-7500. I have owned it approx 10 years. Itā€™s been flawless and sounds just incredible. Only up until last night did I have my first need to address an issue. When I switch from 2CH to Quad Synth mode I pick up a faint crackle and spatter sound in my front channel speakers only. Rears are very quiet and work perfectly.

When I switch back into 2CH mode the front speakers I use as my ā€œAā€ set are perfectly quiet again and work flawlessly. The front speakers only produce the faint crackle noise in quad mode.

Can you recommend with board I should be looking at on the QRX-7500? It appears to be one of the quad boards. Has anyone experienced anything similar?

I am going to take the sweet ā€˜ole gurl apart tonight and see if I can spot any common visuals like a broken solder connection or bulging capacitor. Iā€™m thinking it might be a transistor but Iā€™m not aware what board I should be looking at inside?

Does my logic seem ok on this? It will be great to have the Sansui all fixed up and working very well again. I will attach a pic of her.

Thanks so much for any help!

Kevin

Attachments

• IMG_5251.jpeg
    IMG_5251.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
Back