QRX-7001 troubleshooting help

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Led9

My 7001 has a low level left front channel, but only in QS synthesizer/QS/SQ mode. If you crank the volume up with dead air you get a random wooshing sound from that channel. the signal seems to be decoded correctly just low. Is there a problem with the decoder section or is the signal just being lost post-decoder somewhere along the line? Any ideas appreciated.

Rick

All of these babies are due to have problems no matter how few hours are on them, they are 30+ years old and the caps are dried out. I think we are going to see a rash of problems with these from here on! A QB resto is the only answer!

Yes, this problem occurs from all sources.

Rick

My 7001 has a low level left front channel, but only in QS synthesizer/QS/SQ mode. If you crank the volume up with dead air you get a random wooshing sound from that channel. the signal seems to be decoded correctly just low. Is there a problem with the decoder section or is the signal just being lost post-decoder somewhere along the line? Any ideas appreciated.

Rick

It sounds like the decoder section to me. If you can run a discrete line level signal through that channel, and it is fine, then the channel is not the problem.

Back