• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Quad stuff for sale

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ccm0114

SONY TC-388-4 reel-to-reel 4-track. $220, which includes US FedEx ground shipping.

I purchased this deck new a long time ago. Everything works on it, and it is in excellent condition. The power supply was re-capped and new drive belts were installed two months ago. I have recently finished converting some stereo and quad tapes, so the machine has been well tested. It records and plays back great. All meters/lights work. The only flaw I’ve experienced with it is the Line-Out Volume Control is slightly scratchy if you move it when recording or playing back, but normally you just set this control once to match your system inputs, and then never touch it again, so no problem really. Cosmetically, it is in excellent condition, too, with no scratches. It has been kept in my living room, and is well taken care of. I still have the original box and owner’s manual, too. A great machine.
------------------
SONY TC-388-4 Service Manual. $20, which includes US 1st class postage.

This is NOT the owner’s manual, but an original Service Manual in excellent condition. It comes with detailed fold-out pictures and color-line schematics. There are no tears or folds, just one minor scuff mark. A great help for a mechanically complicated machine.
-------------------
DBX 224 encoder/decoder and phono. $60, which includes US FedEx ground shipping.

I bought this unit new, many moons ago. It is in mint condition. Everything works on it. I used it to dbx encode/decode stereo recordings on my reel deck, and also used it to play dbx encoded LPs. It really reduces tape hiss to absolutely nothing and gives you a lot of dynamic range. Cosmetically, it is in excellent condition, too, with no scratches. It has been kept in my living room, and is well taken care of. Comes with the owner’s manual.
-------------------
Q4 TAPES, I have the following original quad reels, which I bought new, a long time ago. I have just played all of them through, and they are all in excellent condition with no problems. They have been stored tails-out and kept in my living room standing upright with no temperature or humidity problems. No tape shredding problems.

All reels are $100, which includes US shipping, USPS Priority Mail

MOODY BLUES – A Question of Balance (Ampex/London THS J 12403)
MOODY BLUES - On The Threshold Of Dream (Deram/London DESO 18025-QF)
MOODY BLUES – To Our Children’s Children (Threshold/London THSO 1-QF)
JETHRO TULL – Aqualung (Chrysalis CHRQ 1044-QF)
DOOBIE BROS. – What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits (WSTQ 2750-QF)
THE GUESS WHO – The Best Of The Guess Who (RCA EPQ1 1710-QF)
BLACK OAK ARKANSAS – Raunch ‘n’ Roll (ATCO ATCQ 7019-QR)
IGUANA – The Winds Of Alamar 7” reel, 7 ½ ips (Sonar QOD7.5A101) - rare
-------------------
7” REEL BLANK TAPE – Maxell UD35-90 or Scotch 207 (90 minute)
All of these reels were recording on once, for archiving. They mostly contain 70’s classic rock in stereo that will need to be erased. The Maxell tapes come in their original cardboard storage boxes, and are undamaged. The Scotch tapes come in their original hard plastic storage boxes, and are also undamaged. They have all been stored in my living room standing upright with no temperature or humidity problems. Almost all of the labels have been written on, but some of the boxes may contain spare unwritten labels, or you can simply make your own. They have all been played through and are in very good to excellent condition. No tape shredding problems.

Maxell $9 each, plus shipping to be determined depending on number of reels.
Scotch $7 each, plus shipping to be determined depending on number of reels.
----------------
I also have a Sony PS-X75 Biotracer turntable in excellent condition with an original Technics EPC 205CMk4 cartridge with the boron cantilever, that is about half worn, and was used for CD-4 playback. The original box, owner’s manual, and service manual is included. $300.
----------------
Please PM me with any offers.
I accept money orders, cashier’s check, or even PayPal.

By the way, I am a long time QuadraphonicQuad member, and my eBay rating (ccm0114) is 100%. I like to keep people well informed of every stage of a transaction. If you have any problems, you just let me know and I’ll try to make it right.

Attachments

• IMG_1253.jpg
    IMG_1253.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 128
Back