• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

quadbob restored qrx-9001 for sale

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

antigravitytea

i started quad 7 years ago - qrx-7500a - really fascinated with the lights - meters and real wood case. after years of monkeying around and being ripped off by just about every seller out there - i finally ended up with what i wanted - a QuadBob rebuilt qrx-9001 in one room an original owner qrx-7001 in another room and my little qrx-6001 - also an original owner ( sansui dealer as a matter of fact - the floor demo, boxed up when the next model came out and it was never played again - 100 hours on it ...really.)

however, times are a changing - with a 3 year old daughter now, and a 5 month old boy - ive had my last argument about "too many speakers" (whats wrong with 4 pioneer cs-99a speakers in every room?).

so as a compromise, ive quit using the 2 small sansuis in quad - gulp, i know, ive gone stereo. but the qrx-9001 is 4 channel only - so its leaving and being replaced with a Chris Ready restored sansui 8080 with custom rosewood cabinet.(id go 9090 - but his will put out 105 wpc when finished - and i probably wont get to hear it play louder than on level 3)

im going to ebay the 9001 unless someone doesnt want me to do so - but here is my question, - i was going to lump my sansui cd-4 decoder with it - but im not sure what i own that thing for, and if the next person will need it (also a pair of pioneer 4channel headphones and related sansui quad reading material/ advertisements etc.) - so do i list the cd4 decoder separately - or with the receiver?

the receiver is perfect now by the way - and i am keeping the qrx 6 and 7001 to be rebuilt - but im keeping the stereo mode and the blend resistors....in one of them anyways.

willy reid

I would list both the CD-4 decoder and the 4 channel phones as separate listings. If you lump all this material together, you run the risk of part of it being overlooked.

Just my opinion,

MTGC (Michael)

Remember, per QQ guidlines: Items listed in this section should have a FIXED price. This is not a section for "Best Offers", or an auction sale.

Remember, per QQ guidlines: Items listed in this section should have a FIXED price. This is not a section for "Best Offers", or an auction sale.

what i am really trying to find out is----do i , or does the next person, need the Sansui cd-4 decoder WITH the qrx-9001, or is it...already built in? i never purchased cd-4 albums....oh, wait...The Doors, maybe, and the cd-4 adjustment lp - so i dont know if that would be a time-saver for someone or overkill.

thanks in advance for the cd-4 information.

willy :banana:

what i am really trying to find out is----do i , or does the next person, need the Sansui cd-4 decoder WITH the qrx-9001, or is it...already built in? i never purchased cd-4 albums....oh, wait...The Doors, maybe, and the cd-4 adjustment lp - so i dont know if that would be a time-saver for someone or overkill.

thanks in advance for the cd-4 information.

willy :banana:
Doesn't the 9001 have a built-in CD-4 demodulator? If so, then there is no need for an external demod.

And if the hardware being mentioned is not for sale and this is just a general hardware discussion, should it not be moved out of the QQ Swap Meet forum?

Sorry, I'm confused. :mad:@:

Back