Queen: Night at the Opera -re visited

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

BearcatSandor

Folks,

I know I've posted a similar message about this disk this b4, but I want to find out what is going on with it.

I my stand-alone player is a Sony DVP- S7000 The disc plays fine in this player, once i get it playing. I mean the audio is fine. The problem is the interface. When moving around in in the interface and slecting items, there is a 4 second lag till my command gets through. When i start it up, i get the display of the album cover with the sound types along the side..and it jsut sits there. I have to eject disc and put it back in. If i power off then on, it gets stuck on that image. Granted, this is one of the first dvd players ever made.

My other player is in my computer. It is a poineer brand. I am using GNU/Linux with Xine for a playerad arts for a soudn server. This player plays everything (at least where dvd is concerned). Yet is won't play this disk. It starts on the first track and won't play. the interface is not frozen, it just sits there diplaying the lyrics.

I put this disc in my friends Toshiba (cheep player a few years old) and it plays fine, the menus work great and all.

Does anyone have any playes that this disc won't play in? If so do ypiu have any other discs by DTS entertainment that exibit this behavior?

I'd liek as much data as possible so that I can submit a report to the Xine people and perhaps they can fix the problem (if there is one).

Thank you,

Bearcat M.. Sandor

I have this disc as well as numerous other DTS titles and have never had any issue with any of them. In fact I have never had an issue with any disc that I have put in the player. Pioneers seem to excel at that. Sounds like it might be time for a new player if it continues with other discs.

Back