Question: Support for 5.1- 96 khz,24 bit on Windows Media Player 12?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nekcore

Hi Everybody, i'm new around here and i came today to ask if it's possible that WMP 12 supports a High Resolution 5.1 audio mix (96 khz-24 bit), and i'm asking this because, i actually possess some flac files that contains not only 5.1 but a quadrophonic mix aswell from several albums, but i want to clear my mind, if the support for such quality exist in these particular media player. Thanks

Last edited:
Hi Everybody, i'm new around here and i came today to ask if it's possible that WMP 12 supports a High Resolution 5.1 audio mix (96 khz-24 bit), and i'm asking this because, i actually possess some flac files that contains not only 5.1 but a quadrophonic mix aswell from several albums, but i want to clear my mind, if the support for such quality exist on these particular media player. Thanks

Perhaps someone got it to work and can tell you more. I use FooBar2000: http://www.foobar2000.org/

It plays Quadraphonic/5.1/Stereo 24/96 Flac and DVD-Audio.ISO, MLP, DVD-Audio discs (with this plug-in: http://sourceforge.net/projects/dvdadecoder/).

Great! thanks for that help, now i can properly play the flac files (y). But the question that still stands for me is, if wmp supports high resolution bit rates... just curious about it.

Great! thanks for that help, now i can properly play the flac files (y). But the question that still stands for me is, if wmp supports high resolution bit rates... just curious about it.

FYI - WMP can play 96/24 5.1 wav files... But I'm only playing it downmixed to stereo.... So not sure if it truly does wav files in 5.1..

I'm not a hater, but I truly dislike Windows media player.
Foobar is my goto for pc playback, although I use VLC for video titles. Foobar plays pretty much everything surround, or at least everything I want to listen to.

I'm not a hater, but I truly dislike Windows media player.
Foobar is my goto for pc playback, although I use VLC for video titles. Foobar plays pretty much everything surround, or at least everything I want to listen to.

I found that WMP tends to handle HD video with less hiccups than VLC but, yeah, no need to use WMP for just about anything. Foobar FTW.

Back