R Kelly - Chocolate Factory

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Romano

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Wow...

Another nice mix. Some really nice R&B tracks tastefully mixed into 5.1. Like the Britney disc - this one makes great use of the sub. The mix on this one is more of a standard (stereo front, vocal/minor instrumental center, percussion/backgrounds in the rear) mix but it does a great job of spreading out the front thoughout the room.

This one IS in 96k/24 like the label says and plays on the 563A without the upgrade. The 3 videos on the R Kelly are only in stereo.

Gotta hand it to Jive records. They picked two nice titles to release with R Kelly and Britney.

Stand out tracks:
You Knock Me Out
Ignition (Remix)
Snake
Chocolate Factory

Just revisited this one tonight. Fantastic music and sound, but poor mix. Only ambiance in the rears. Until listening closer that is. I turned up the rears +7 db, and discovered there actually are some discreet sounds as well as ambiance in the rears! This suffers from "too low rears syndrome" which seems to plague some DVD-Audios and ALL Dual discs that I own.

just got this (after years of putting off buying it). curious to know if there is any discrete activity going on after all..! I'll give it a spin later.

Back