Ray Charles & Betty Carter, Nat Cole & Oscar Peterson-Requests SACD 3ch &NewSHMSACDs

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quad Linda

Staff member
Analogue productions upcoming 3-ch SACD hybrids:
1-Oscar Peterson "We Get Requests" CVRJ8606 SA will be available on 6/14 in 3-channel SACD hybrid.
2-Ray Charles & Betty Carter, CAPP 385 SA from Analogue Productions is coming in Multi-Channel (probably 3), with no release date published.
3-Still no release date for "The Nat King Cole Story," CAPP 1633 SA, also 3ch SACD hybrid. I've had this pre-ordered for nearly a year!

Two dozen Verve jazz SACD titles, 18 stereo, 6 mono coming from them in June & July.

The next batch of Japanese SHM-SACD's (all 2ch), coming 6/28, includes:
It's Only Rock & Roll & Love You Live-Rolling Stones
The Singles-the Who
Fulfillingness' First Finale-Stevie Wonder
Sunday at the Village Vanguard & Interplay-Bill Evans

Second Comin-Lynrd Skyrnrd, Best of Sam Cooke and Satchmo Plays King Oliver among other future releases.

for a complete list: www.acousticsounds.com

SACD lives, albeit mostly in stereo. :kitty:

Linda

3-Still no release date for "The Nat King Cole Story," CAPP 1633 SA, also 3ch SACD hybrid. I've had this pre-ordered for nearly a year!

I ordered all of the NKCs in November 2009....it's taken a long time for them to appear. Considering all the other SACDs they have managed to squeeze out during the last few months something tells me the delays aren't related to pressing plant bottlenecks. Maybe issues with the licensor (EMI) and/or NKC's estate.

It's just as well IMO...I can't keep up with all this stuff financially....

Perhaps it's because Nat King Cole Story is a compilation. To do a compilation well, the master tapes for each album the tracks are taken from need to be located. In the days of half-speed mastered LP's, this was an issue, hence few Greatest Hits albums were released in that format. Or, it may be a licensing or royalty issue. Or, they wanted to release the individual SACD's first. It's all conjecture.

What isn't conjecture is that this is a truly expensive hobby/passion.

Drive to the poor house with me, thanks to SACD. And drop you wad on Quad!

Linda

I ordered all of the NKCs in November 2009....it's taken a long time for them to appear. Considering all the other SACDs they have managed to squeeze out during the last few months something tells me the delays aren't related to pressing plant bottlenecks. Maybe issues with usethe licensor (EMI) and/or NKC's estate.

It's just as well IMO...I can't keep up with all this stuff financially....

Analogue productions upcoming 3-ch SACD hybrids:
1-Oscar Peterson "We Get Requests" CVRJ8606 SA will be available on 6/14 in 3-channel SACD hybrid.
2-Ray Charles & Betty Carter, CAPP 385 SA from Analogue Productions is coming in Multi-Channel (probably 3), with no release date published.

Two dozen Verve jazz SACD titles, 18 stereo, 6 mono coming from them in June & July.

The next batch of Japanese SHM-SACD's (all 2ch), coming 6/28, includes:
It's Only Rock & Roll & Love You Live-Rolling Stones
The Singles-the Who
Fulfillingness' First Finale-Stevie Wonder
Sunday at the Village Vanguard & Interplay-Bill Evans

Second Comin-Lynrd Skyrnrd, Best of Sam Cooke and Satchmo Plays King Oliver among other future releases.

for a complete list: www.acousticsounds.com

SACD lives, albeit mostly in stereo. :kitty:

Linda

Heard yesterday at the California Audio Show that the Ray Charles & Betty Carter disc is indeed a 3 Channel SACD release.
That should be very interesting !

Back