RCVR: Telefunken TRX 3000 HiFi

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

0tto

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Probably one of the monstrous of Quad from famous Telefunken brand with its 50lbs of weight,
2x160 and 4x90 watts(DIN 45500) per channel, all the bells and whistles of the time such like soft-touch buttons,
digital displays, LEDs aplenty, relay-activated inputs, PLL tuner, a cooling fan aimed at a non-resonant

heatsink and its 4 PNP pairs, Discrete/SQ/CD-4 compatibility, a timer and even a multiroom capacity.​
Unfortunately this beauty arrived into market too late (1978~1979), just in time when quad was dumped by the music industry.

Rarity: UNKNOWN
Average Sale Price: UNKNOWN

01.jpg
04.gif

03.jpg
02.jpg

Last edited:
Great looking industrial piece of equipment. Love to ind one to put on the shelff....

Wow - it could sell itself on looks alone! What a beautiful piece of gear.

I wonder if it used a discrete circuit for the CD-4 demodulator or one of the IC's that were available? Did it have any logic for the SQ decoder? It was released to the market so late that the Tate DES for SQ was, by then, available and could have been a cool addition to the unit. Vario-Matrix was also easily available for licensing - and the IC's were priced low so that the full Type-A circuit could be included - yet no one ever did for their QS or RM circuits and Vario-Matrix stayed strictly a Sansui thing.

ABSOLUTELY AWESOME! Never saw or heard (of) one of these.
It is a receiver, eyg2181, since it has both a digital frequency readout and analog tuning meter.
Linda
Way cool!
Linda, from antic gears i very much like the sound of Sansui amplification.
sound of this Telefunken i love even more than Sansui.
best part - i got it for free :banana:

Disclord
i have not even slightest clue what you are talking about.
in my opinion SQ it decodes very well but this is my first quad receiver and i haven't had chance to compare.
just got second receiver, Realistic QTA 751 but not yet have time to hook it up and give a comparison listening.
as for tech. stuff - can't tell you too much beside that this sucker is very heavy. when i opened it to clean inside,
there no room to put even finger in. looks very complex and sophisticated.

Hi quadro lovers.Here is collector from Poland.
Now I just have this monster receiver on the table for servicing.Fortunately the mammoth is still in excellent condition and hve only a few small problems which is a big advantage because unit was very complicated and it's very difficult to find a good one.They are very,very rare and expensive if in good conditions.
Quadro decoder built in,for channel displays a lot of extras.Beautifull green LED displas,AM/FM. DIN &RCA sockets.Very heavy almost 27 kilos!!Extremely big main transformer.Have two, the other is smaller.
The sound is fantastic much better for me than Marantz(I mean good ones,) or a legendary Sansui.

Be sure that by appointment of my friend who ows this vintage a good quality photos will be delivered for your pleasure by next weeks.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate contact me or my friend mr sonix.
Best regards Tom

Be sure that by appointment of my friend who ows this vintage a good quality photos will be delivered for your pleasure by next weeks.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate contact me or my friend mr sonix.
Best regards Tom

thank you Tom, I eagerly await these photos

That euro styling is exquisite. Almost makes me want to chuck my B&K separates. On second thought...no I won't.

For many years, I had Philips separates, also circa 1978, which I got for free. Philips was trying to lure Pacific into selling them, since we sold mountains of their turntables. Although the B&K outperforms them, it looks pretty plain jane. Euro styling ROCKS!!!

Magnificent!!

Yes.Love it or hate it.
Telefunken TRX3000 inside photos soon.I have just finished.Sound is excellent.The best I have ever heard.160 W per channell.More than 500 Watts at full speed.Costs of eletricity will kill you.Power amplifiers work at BTL mode also.Bridge.Typicallny 4 Ohms loudspeakers but at BTL company recomends 8 Ohms for rear.Has also timer.It's much more pleasant for user than par exmple Sansui which has very complicated steering knobs and (in my opinion ) to many!
Regards Tom

PS I prefer simplicity.

Question: does the notched plate with the Telefunken logo flip up to reveal headphone jack(s)? If it does flip, a photo with it open would be nice.

In 1978, digitally synthesized tuners, or at least those with digital readouts were very rare, especially built into a receiver. I can only recall seperate tuners like the Sherwood and the Sequerra.

Yes Sir.You are right.Behind the plate there are 2 DIN Headphones socket + timer &clock adjusting switch.
Jack 6,3 mm headphone socket is removed to the left side because lack of space.
Tom

Hey, Tom, do I win a prize? lol!! Although I take no offense, it is Ma'am, not Sir. At least that's what my Driver's License says.

Yes Sir.You are right.Behind the plate there are 2 DIN Headphones socket + timer &clock adjusting switch.
Jack 6,3 mm headphone socket is removed to the left side because lack of space.
Tom

Last edited:
Hi Linda.I am so sorry.You are expert.
Please forgive me.
Photos should be the prize.
Regards Tom

01.jpg
02.jpg

there's actually 2 phones can be hooked up at same time + extra AUX (5 pin DIN)

03.gif
04.gif

Back