RCVR: Telefunken TRX 3000 HiFi

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In 1978, digitally synthesized tuners, or at least those with digital readouts were very rare, especially built into a receiver. I can only recall seperate tuners like the Sherwood and the Sequerra.

The flyer doesn't state a synthezised tuner, only a digital readout. It also functions as a clock.
And you can equip the receiver with an additional electronic for an antenna rotor.

-Kristian

Antenna rotors? OMG! Does anyone use those these days? Cable and satellite seen to have made that a dinosaur. At my parents' house, we had a rotor on top of an antenna tower. We could watch Chicago, Milwaukee, Rockford, Madison, and St. Joseph, MI, simply by changing the position. 3 states are represented. As I recall, channel 3 had a couple different channels, depending on the rotor position.

I also persuaded Dad to get out his "fish tape." Together, we installed wall plates and wired several rooms. It was an early version of multi-room, multi-zone operation. Today, the B&K on my main system and Denon in the bedroom are wired together as each others' Zone 2. The Denon has two extra channels of amp not being used, that could be used for another Zone. It's 110 watts x 7, and can be split into 110 x 5, and 110 x2.

Sorry if this is a bit off topic.

The Telefunken is the coolest, most unusual receiver I've seen from that era. And I had been selling hi-fi, beginning in '73. Leave it to the Germans to build something WAY ahead of its time. Too bad Quad was dead when this came out.

I worked at Pacihic Stereo, which was the biggest US chain back then. In '78, we had NO Quad product in our store whatsoever. And we were the #2 volume store in the 110 store chain. We carried lines and products that none of our other stores did. Still, I don't recall anyone even asking about Quad at that time. Sad, especially for a Quadrophile like me. Since 2ch stuff was flying out the door, and I was making great commissions, I wasn't too heartbroken.

The flyer doesn't state a synthezised tuner, only a digital readout. It also functions as a clock.
And you can equip the receiver with an additional electronic for an antenna rotor.

-Kristian

Hi Quad Linda and others.

Please dont forget that Tfk was oriented mostly for Europpean market quite diffirent then Usa.
But they tried hard to conquer your country and sell specific models in Canada as far in Brasil and Argentina they had assembly factories.Model were preety diff from european in design.Technically similiar.

Of course the rotor antenna was rather a marketing trick.Cable transmisssions were unpopular in Europe and mostly aerial transmission was in use.In 70-ies there were a lot of broadcasting FM stations in Europe even US Army that broadcast good american music for Old Continent.
Regards Tom

Hi Quadramaniacs.
As promised I am ready to place photos but dont know how!Pls help asap.I have now 3 of them in full working condition.
Sometimes it's an advantage to be in Europe.
Regards Tom
PS Both TFK look like gorbage.Now almost mint.Almost
All bought for 40 USD .Each one!

Last edited:
Hi Quadramaniacs.
As promised I am ready to place photos but dont know how!Pls help asap.

Maybe you have to have at least 20 postings on the forum, without being thrown out of here? You know, spam prevention. Ask the moderators if they can allow you posting pictures.

-Kristian

Hi Quadramaniacs.
As promised I am ready to place photos but dont know how!Pls help asap.I have now 3 of them in full working condition.
Sometimes it's an advantage to be in Europe.
Regards Tom
PS Both TFK look like gorbage.Now almost mint.Almost
All bought for 40 USD .Each one!

No restrictions. Just 'GO ADVANCED', then 'ADD ATTACHEMENTS'. Follow the steps, it should work

Tks Kristian.Hope TFK will be interesting for many becuse of restoring in progress.I love German vintage and have more than 350 pcs in my collection.Have other monster receivers but TRX is the King.
Regards Tom

Hi Linda.Nice to hear you.A tons of Tefi.Almost 60 or more.Last months have bought wonderful T201 & V 201.Opus 6050 and SSt1 tuner, excellent reel to reel Tfk model 2000 HiFi 3 head.
Tfk were made in Brasil (have none) and Canada.Were they really produced in Japan as stated on their badges?
Regards Tom
PS Please wait a little for photos.Will be a lot off.From the beginning to the happy end.
I will appreciate very ,very much any infos about Canadian and Brasilian products.Lack of infos.
By the way have bought very rare Koerting(Korting) German made beautifull full quad receiver with 35 Watts per chanel.Sounds great.18 kilos ,flat and wide. Photos will be soon.

If you need a good servcian who loves his amateur job pls do not hesitate contact me.Its not so far .May be 5000-6000 tausends kilometres only.

Lots more about Tefi and other defunct formats in this thread: https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/foru...t=elcaset+tefi

TefifonUndRadio_1955.jpg

Hi Linda.Sorry.Misundertandig.Have tons of TFK.
Tetifon it was German manufacturer.Probably they quit in early 60-ies.Tape 6,3 mm was loop with no end in the cassette. I have this in my hand 20 years ago.tefi was a product of very good quality and have very good design.Not so far was offered on Allegro polish e-bay equivalent and competitor.In good condition was sold (radio +Tefi unit) at approx 30 USD.Very very cheap.
Russian produced a few model but it was apoor quality and built like their tanks.
Also manufactured in Poland in early 60-ies by the name Wiola.Unit was attachet to turntable.Never have but familiar to me.

Last edited:
Back