Reasonable Price for a Tate II 101A?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bill114

Hi all. I'm new to the forum but I've been using a EVX-4 since I bought it in the 70s. Im currently bidding on a Tate II 101A on ebay. How much is a reasonable amount of $$ to pay for one of these units? Any advice will be much appreciated and if I don't win that auction, Ill be in the market to upgrade my decoder

Thanks!
Bill

Hi all. I'm new to the forum but I've been using a EVX-4 since I bought it in the 70s. Im currently bidding on a Tate II 101A on ebay. How much is a reasonable amount of $$ to pay for one of these units? Any advice will be much appreciated and if I don't win that auction, Ill be in the market to upgrade my decoder

Thanks!
Bill

Welcome Bill. I am afraid though, that there is no straight answer to your question. A "reasonable" price for a Tate is exactly what you are willing to pay for one. Some guys have paid over $1,000 for one. I didn't pay that much, nor would I have. In "my" opinion, $600 is my limit; although I didn't have to pay that much. They don't usually go cheap, and since there are a limited number they aren't likely to go cheap anytime soon. Good luck, and please jump into QQ as often as you'd like. Mike.

Last edited:
Well Mike, you were right. The Tate ended up selling for $731 which is too much for me. I guess I'll have to be on the lookout for a gen 2 Sansui to upgrade to. Thanks for the advice!

Bill

Back