Rip Blu-ray

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RE: The Soft Cell BD. Title 1 is the Atmos mix of the album, Title 2 is an instrumental mix of the album, also in Atmos.

This is clearly identifiable by playing the disc.
That explains what I was hearing! I forgot about the other mixes, I just played the main mix and never even looked at the menu!

Come to think of it, I believe that I updated the DVDAE version shortly after doing the rip.

That could explain why it now shows seven titles instead of only two. The old version must have ignored the shorter titles and the videos.

Last edited:
I thought that I'd try ripping some of my new "Qaudios". It's been awhile since I did any blu-ray ripping and so there is that learning curve over again.

Last time I remember using MakeMKV first but my trial has expired. I seem to remember in the past that by uninstalling and reinstalling the trial it would work again. Not this time, so before paying for a license I thought that I'd try something else.

Using AnyDVD-HD and DVD Audio extractor I was able to extract as one large flac file.

I tried to play it in Foobar. Despite showing as a 4.0 file with the correct channel assignments (LF, RF, SL, SR) and displaying all four waveforms there is no sound from the rear.

Thinking there must be something not 100% correct with the file structure I tried to re-encode it as flac with the same result. Then I tried to convert to wav, the file was too large. I then converted to wav at 96kHz/24bit and it works fine. Converting the wave back to flac also works fine. Do I really need 192kHz files? Probably not, but still I wonder exactly what is going on.

I use CD Wave Editor to split large files into individual ones, the large flac would only partially open. I one case about half the file in and another case only a few minutes.

Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone have a explanation as to why it doesn't work correctly. Is the file size just too large?
Have you tried DVDFAB? It works well and has a 30 day free trial.

Have you tried DVDFAB? It works well and has a 30 day free trial.
No I haven't tried it but we now have the new key for MakeMKV. I also have DVD Audio extractor and AnyDVDHD. Also Music Media Helper. So really I have more than enough tools already.

Still I would be interested in hearing about how DVDFAB works for you! It's features and benefits.

No I haven't tried it but we now have the new key for MakeMKV. I also have DVD Audio extractor and AnyDVDHD. Also Music Media Helper. So really I have more than enough tools already.

Still I would be interested in hearing about how DVDFAB works for you! It's features and benefits.

I used it to make Bluray copies of a couple of Bluray audio discs. It works great. But mine has expired and I will have to pay for the permanent version. I will eventually.

Back