RIP Richard Tandy from ELO

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
IMG_1770.jpeg

Very sad news. After Jeff, Richard was the most important member of the band. He had a big hand in composing the orchestrations with Jeff and Lewis Clark. And despite the constant revolving door of musicians that came and went from the band, Richard was a constant presence during their classic period. He is only missing from the first album but joined up in time for the band's first gigs. His keys were obviously an integral part of the ELO sound. RIP Richard.

:cry:

I was only thinking about Richard recently as I hadn't heard much about his health issues.
Richard and Jeff were so musically entwined in the wonderful Electric Light Orchestra.
A quiet and unassuming man but he had so much talent and imagination, that Jeff relied heavily on his ability to bring his song writing alive.
He was and is an important part of my life, as ELO are my first love in music.
So sad to read this news.
But thankful we had Richard's skill to help make ELO come alive.

RIP Dear Richard.

Very sad news. I absolutely loved Richard's keyboard playing in ELO. Always very tastefull. He was also very involved in the arrangements with Jeff and Louis, and so he was very important to their sound. I do think he was underrated.

I can't get the musical memories you gave me from an early age out of my head.

I hope that Jeff arranges a proper commercial release of the complete Bungalow Palace acoustic performances with Richard.

Thank you Mr Magic Fingers and RIP.

Last edited:
Back