Rush news (SACD mention too)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelydave

Super Moderator
Staff member
Since 2002/2003
From http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7000499636

"We have the entire RUSH catalog in our hands. Not just the studio material they have released on albums, but every single demo or song that has not been released as well. We are setting RUSH up for the future for releases that will be able to have 5.1 audio mixes along with SACD formats down the road."

Dave.

steelydave said:
From http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7000499636

"We have the entire RUSH catalog in our hands. Not just the studio material they have released on albums, but every single demo or song that has not been released as well. We are setting RUSH up for the future for releases that will be able to have 5.1 audio mixes along with SACD formats down the road."

Dave.
Sure....has he asked Universal about this? Anyone check UNI's SACD releases (in North America)? Don't hold your breath.

Not only that, Alex Lifeson is not a fan of surround music. He stated this in Sound and Vision.

Just because labels aren't currently releasing a lot of surround product, it doesn't mean they won't. As we've read in various places, work continues to remix the back catalogs of bands like Genesis, Steely Dan, The Moody Blues, etc. Surely they aren't doing this just for the fun of it, there is some method to their madness. As far as Alex Lifeson goes, I guarantee you, like anyone else, he loves money more than he hates surround music, so if there are roadblocks to getting Rush music out in 5.1 form they won't be from him.

Dave.

I'll buy a few...only if they are in 5:1.
Strange they seem to be anti-surround considering when I saw them in concert(92) they played in surround.

bobou2 said:
I'll buy a few...only if they are in 5:1.
Strange they seem to be anti-surround considering when I saw them in concert(92) they played in surround.
I didn't say THEY. Alex said in Sound and Vision that he felt surround music wasn't for him. I wish I could find the quote.

Rush played in surround?

steelydave said:
Just because labels aren't currently releasing a lot of surround product, it doesn't mean they won't. As we've read in various places, work continues to remix the back catalogs of bands like Genesis, Steely Dan, The Moody Blues, etc. Surely they aren't doing this just for the fun of it, there is some method to their madness. As far as Alex Lifeson goes, I guarantee you, like anyone else, he loves money more than he hates surround music, so if there are roadblocks to getting Rush music out in 5.1 form they won't be from him.

Dave.
You guys over there might get SACD. We over here are getting squat.

daved64 said:
I didn't say THEY. Alex said in Sound and Vision that he felt surround music wasn't for him. I wish I could find the quote.

Rush played in surround?
Roll the Bones tour....Sounded really good too
They had speakers in the back of the arena.

I remember that quote....

daved64 said:
You guys over there might get SACD. We over here are getting squat.

I'm actually from Toronto, born and bred - just living in London for the last few years. I'm not saying that you (or we) will get Rush on SACD, it could be DVD-Audio, or DualDisc, or some new 5.1 format - my point was that 5.1 mixing seems to be ongoing and surely it's for a purpose..

Dave.

steelydave said:
I'm actually from Toronto, born and bred - just living in London for the last few years. I'm not saying that you (or we) will get Rush on SACD, it could be DVD-Audio, or DualDisc, or some new 5.1 format - my point was that 5.1 mixing seems to be ongoing and surely it's for a purpose..

Dave.
aaaah......now I get you. Fine.....I agree we might get 5.1. But him throwing the word SACD out there....I think he's uneducated about it's current state.

Lifeson probably won't be hindering the release of 5.1 Rush material. He's gotta pay his legal bill for beating up a police officer here in Florida!

He's suing for that fiasco, right? I don't think he needs the money.

Just because Mr. Lifeson said at one time that surround is not for him, does not mean that it won't happen!

Besides, he may have changed his mind, maybe he finally heard surround on a decent system, etc., etc.... (yea, I'm an optomist.... )

Back