Rush on SACD..any News

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bearcatsandor

Folks,

Being a long-time Rush fan, I was looking forward to these SACDs as I'm sure a lot of you were.

Someone thought that they might be released close to their 30th anniversary tour.

Here we are with that tour and another Rush album coming out in the states next week.

Any news on the SACD front for the new album,or the ones we were already promised last year?

Bearcat M. Sandor, who has $20 burning a hole in his pocket.

bearcatsandor said:
Folks,

Being a long-time Rush fan, I was looking forward to these SACDs as I'm sure a lot of you were.

Someone thought that they might be released close to their 30th anniversary tour.

Here we are with that tour and another Rush album coming out in the states next week.

Any news on the SACD front for the new album,or the ones we were already promised last year?

Bearcat M. Sandor, who has $20 burning a hole in his pocket.

Haven't heard anything about the Rush SACDs lately. Last ones added by Universal in the Pop category were Sheryl Crow and the Carpenters.

bmoura said:
Haven't heard anything about the Rush SACDs lately. Last ones added by Universal in the Pop category were Sheryl Crow and the Carpenters.
IIRC, "2112" at least was supposed to be released in 5.1, correct? I'm still looking forward to that...

bizmopeen said:
IIRC, "2112" at least was supposed to be released in 5.1, correct? I'm still looking forward to that...

None of the Rush SACDs are on the Universal Release list. We'll have to see if they reappear in the future.

About six months ago or so I read somewhere,(this forum maybe?), that the 2112 project was dropped indefinitely. Can't swear to it, but I remember being bummed (again) that Rush in 5.1 wasn't going to be happening in the near future.

bearcatsandor said:
*Bearcat yowls in frustration*

Those were the SACDs I were waiting for! For some it was Pink Floyd, for me ut was Rush!

:(

Here is the news from the head of new formats for Universal International:

"I just checked with my American colleague : Rush is not happening for the time being."

Seeing as he had ignored my previous requests for info on this matter, I think this is the best we can hope for - at least we know, sad though the news is...

Back