SACD Super-Jewel Cases Availability

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
6 racks. Two of them are taller than me (6 ft). lol.
I currently have one stack of 10 boxes which are around 63 inches (1600mm) high and another stack of 5 boxes!

I fell into the trap of placing everything within boxes when swmbo suggested the lounge required re-decorating, re-organising and re-carpeting... Oh naive was I...

My optical media drawers still have quite a bit of space for standard-sized SACD and CD cases, although the larger case drawers are filling up to the point where I’m tempted to try some repackaging. If I get rid of media, it will be because the recording sucks.

OK, so I ordered a set of these and as I suspected they do not have the tray portion holding the disc. This isn't really a problem as it is usually the hinges that break, so you can just take out the tray from the broken disc and put it in the new one. However I notice now there are two types of Super Jewek Plus cases, with different size hinges and these are not inter-changeable. (see example attached)
I think possibly the larger hinged cases are (were) used by European companies.

Attachments

• dvdacase.jpg
    dvdacase.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Regular CD cases I can have apart with no problems in a few seconds using just my fingers.
Super Jewel cases 5 times out of 10 I will forget what a PITA they are and manage to crack the case when pulling apart to scan the art. Think I cracked two of the last Quadio set. I'm sure others are better at it than me, but since I seldom deal with them, IF I remember I will take my trusty smallest Buck knife and gently separate one of the hinges then it goes easier from there. But often CRS intervenes and I end up doing damage.

Since 99.9 % of my playback is from my pc, first thing I do with a new disc is clone/decrypt in my optical drive and while that's going I take the cases apart and scan the art, place it in a folder with the decrypted .iso.

I have not gone through every post, so this might be moot, but I figure there's no harm in sharing these notes. Hope this is helpful.

In my (US centric) experience, the best forum to purchase various replacements is eBay. The sellers offer different bundles - from single cases to 5-10-20 etc.

Sellers to research:

• Pakpal
  • Lzmarketplace
  • Megadiscstorecom - predominantly for white Blu-Ray cases
Available Products:

Last edited:
These cases are a much better design than the standard Jewel cases.

I replace the cases of my DV SACDs with them, to make them stand out from regular CDs. You do have to cut the inset to fit but that is not too big of a deal. I have not yet purchased any double cases but would like to. The stumbling blocks are, you have to purchase larger quantities to get a reasonable price, shipping is usually more than the cost of the cases!

These cases are a much better design than the standard Jewel cases.

I replace the cases of my DV SACDs with them, to make them stand out from regular CDs. You do have to cut the inset to fit but that is not too big of a deal. I have not yet purchased any double cases but would like to. The stumbling blocks are, you have to purchase larger quantities to get a reasonable price, shipping is usually more than the cost of the cases!
As someone who has sold a fair amount on ebay, the USPS has made far more money than I have.

As someone who has sold a fair amount on ebay, the USPS has made far more money than I have.
I don't think...I've ever sold anything on EvilBay. Have bought a lot of stuff though. Never got stiffed but sometimes disappointed.
Recently bought some front liner/carpet/mats for the Grand Cherokee from China. Not bad quality for a C note, front and back.

I don't think...I've ever sold anything on EvilBay. Have bought a lot of stuff though. Never got stiffed but sometimes disappointed.
Recently bought some front liner/carpet/mats for the Grand Cherokee from China. Not bad quality for a C note, front and back.
I buy and sell a lot on ebay, had next to zero problems either way. I have probably bought half of my surround collection on there including many bargains

Back