SACD to ISO with Oppo & Pioneer BD players!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f...ppo-or-pioneer-yes-its-true-29251/index6.html

Post #129 was the method I used.
First priority is getting the stick setup properly. The drawer should open or somthing is wrong. The Autoscript folder and its contents is what you place on the stick. If it doesn't work, your stick isn't formatted correctly. The people on the Computer Audio forum will help you quicker than the friendly folks here. I didn't have to do anything to my stick, it just worked but other people have had to reformat their stick.

Oh! Good point, well, I can try another stick. I have about 10 laying around from various brands...

Oh! Good point, well, I can try another stick. I have about 10 laying around from various brands...

Make sure the Autoscript folder and files are for Oppo and not Pioneer, use the ones on post #26 of the Cumputer Audio thread I linked above.

Did you edit the text file in the folder with the correct ip numbers of your player? You only have to do that once...

Your player is an Oppo 103 or 105 correct? Those are the only Oppo models that rip.

Ok, so tried a different stick. It didn't work either until I drug the Folder over, which contained the 3 files. Now, the drawer opens, I put SACD in, close it and nothing happens. How long before it should recognize the disc? Of course, from here, I can press play and it starts playing...though I assume I shouldn't do that...

Did you edit the text file in the folder with the correct ip numbers of your player? You only have to do that once...

Your player is an Oppo 103 or 105 correct? Those are the only Oppo models that rip.

yikes...no. Which text file do you mean??? I have 103

Well, Kal mentions inputting IP address in iso2dsd_gui.exe, but he says to do that AFTER the Oppo recognizes the disc. I can't get it to do that part, so....

Well, Kal mentions inputting IP address in iso2dsd_gui.exe, but he says to do that AFTER the Oppo recognizes the disc. I can't get it to do that part, so....

LOL! Talking to myself a lot here....but anyway. How do I know if/when the Oppo recognizes the disc? Normally when I stick an SACD disc in, it simply starts playing. It doesn't go to a static menu or anything....or do I just assume it recognizes it?

LOL! Talking to myself a lot here....but anyway. How do I know if/when the Oppo recognizes the disc? Normally when I stick an SACD disc in, it simply starts playing. It doesn't go to a static menu or anything....or do I just assume it recognizes it?

More talking...

So, instead of just "wondering", I just assumed the Oppo recognized the disc and then I opened Sonore ISO2DSD and found the screen where you enter your Oppo IP address...once I did that, of it went. It's now telling me it is processing the disc in my Oppo. Whoa...I guess this is progress...though I have NO clue where these files are being processed to. I suppose I was supposed to tell it that somewhere..... :)

More talking...

So, instead of just "wondering", I just assumed the Oppo recognized the disc and then I opened Sonore ISO2DSD and found the screen where you enter your Oppo IP address...once I did that, of it went. It's now telling me it is processing the disc in my Oppo. Whoa...I guess this is progress...though I have NO clue where these files are being processed to. I suppose I was supposed to tell it that somewhere..... :)

Uh, yep. I feel sort of dumb. It tells me it's finished...but I have NO clue what to do now. Where are the files that it executed? No idea.....

Uh, yep. I feel sort of dumb. It tells me it's finished...but I have NO clue what to do now. Where are the files that it executed? No idea.....

Great. It should be in the same folder you installed iso2dsd! I guess the iso2dsd method edits the text file on the fly. There are a few ways to skin this cat. Kal's method is the one I use.

Great. It should be in the same folder you installed iso2dsd! I guess the iso2dsd method edits the text file on the fly. There are a few ways to skin this cat. Kal's method is the one I use.

OK, I found the iso. Now what do I do with this? :) Sorry..... I know I make this way too hard, I'm sure.

OK, I found the iso. Now what do I do with this? :) Sorry..... I know I make this way too hard, I'm sure.

If you don't use Foobar2000 or Jriver that plays the iso directly, load the iso into Foobar2000 and output as flac's and play on any player that you would normally play your flac files. There are many ways to convert to either flac or dsd files. I would recommend using Foobar or Jriver and bypass any file conversion. Output as PCM...

Converting iso to Flac via Foobar now...if this in fact works....I'm in heaven. After much beating my head against the wall, I feel some progress being made.

OK - I have a LOT to learn here. So, by converting to Flac, I suppose I am not getting the best quality audio. The Flac files say they are a sampling rate much lower than the DSD/DST version.

Converting iso to Flac via Foobar now...if this in fact works....I'm in heaven. After much beating my head against the wall, I feel some progress being made.

Just make sure you're not getting any tiny clicks between any separate tracks. I tried doing this for weeks with all kinds of different programs and I always had little clicks when going iso to flac. I ended up just playing the iso's in Foobar and that works fine for me.

Edit: I normally use Kodi for everything, but it doesn't do SACD ISO's, so I use Foobar just for that.

OK - I have a LOT to learn here. So, by converting to Flac, I suppose I am not getting the best quality audio. The Flac files say they are a sampling rate much lower than the DSD/DST version.

From what little I understand, SACD was specifically designed to make it hard to rip, so it's based on an entirely different set of standards than most everything else. I think it's usually 2.8MHz and 1bit, whereas most everything else is at a much lower sample rate but a much higher bit rate. From what I understand, if done properly, the conversion is for all real-world intents 'lossless'. Some even argue that 88.2kHz is indistinguishable from 176.4kHz. But I honestly don't fully understand how all of this works. :eek:

Best quality would be no conversion and using a multichannel dac or processor that does dsd, but converting to pcm on the fly does still sound very good.

If you get pops and clicks like the other poster here, try using Jriver. I never had a problem converting to multichannel wav from sacd iso's with Jriver and then use Foobar or Audiomuxer to downsample and convert to flac.

From what little I understand, SACD was specifically designed to make it hard to rip, so it's based on an entirely different set of standards than most everything else. I think it's usually 2.8MHz and 1bit, whereas most everything else is at a much lower sample rate but a much higher bit rate. From what I understand, if done properly, the conversion is for all real-world intents 'lossless'. Some even argue that 88.2kHz is indistinguishable from 176.4kHz. But I honestly don't fully understand how all of this works. :eek:

Never heard a pop or click using Jriver converter mode...

Back