Sam Cooke at the Cope: 5.1?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kurzyn

Several websites, including abko's samcooke.com, advertise this release as having a 5.1 layer, but the disc in my record store, as well as every online seller I have found, indicate that it is just stereo, like the other Sam Cooke remasters. Does anyone know anything about this? Is the 5.1 there despite the missing "multichannel" lable on the back, or were there in fact two releases, as has been the case with some other sacds?

kurzyn said:
Several websites, including abko's samcooke.com, advertise this release as having a 5.1 layer, but the disc in my record store, as well as every online seller I have found, indicate that it is just stereo, like the other Sam Cooke remasters. Does anyone know anything about this? Is the 5.1 there despite the missing "multichannel" lable on the back, or were there in fact two releases, as has been the case with some other sacds?
I have it and it is indeed 5.1 as well as stereo and is a hybrid. I think there was a sticker on mine that said something about a 5.1 mix. The only indication that it is multichannel is on the disc itself. It says "5.1 surround". If it says DSD and has the SACD logo on the back you will have the 5.1 mix. Even though it only says stereo on the back. Nice live sounding mix by the way.

Bob Romano said:
I have it and it is indeed 5.1 as well as stereo and is a hybrid. I think there was a sticker on mine that said something about a 5.1 mix. The only indication that it is multichannel is on the disc itself. It says "5.1 surround". If it says DSD and has the SACD logo on the back you will have the 5.1 mix. Even though it only says stereo on the back. Nice live sounding mix by the way.

Agreed. It's a nice 5.1 mix and a very good SACD. Thumbs up !

Back