Sansui qr-6500

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandon74

Hi, I'm new to the forum. I just picked up a qr-6500 and four sp-3500 speakers all in fair to poor shape. The speakers seem good to go but the receiver needed a little TLC. I sprayed the knobs and buttons and switches with crc contact cleaner and this seemed to help out emensely. I was getting no sound at first. I also detarnished the RCA connections which also helped. The volume and push buttons are still a bit scratchy and the right and left channel seem to sometimes be affected by the buttons. The FM tuner string on the far right is broken and the other one is still intact. I tried to restring it but couldn't quite get it, even with the picture in the service manual. I'm looking for any advice on further fixing of the scratchiness and the rest ringing of the tuner. I'm also wondering what the ideal setup would be for using the four speakers and receiver for general stereo use(TV, IPod, turntable etc). Thanks

Hi, I'm new to the forum. I just picked up a qr-6500 and four sp-3500 speakers all in fair to poor shape. The speakers seem good to go but the receiver needed a little TLC. I sprayed the knobs and buttons and switches with crc contact cleaner and this seemed to help out emensely. I was getting no sound at first. I also detarnished the RCA connections which also helped. The volume and push buttons are still a bit scratchy and the right and left channel seem to sometimes be affected by the buttons. The FM tuner string on the far right is broken and the other one is still intact. I tried to restring it but couldn't quite get it, even with the picture in the service manual. I'm looking for any advice on further fixing of the scratchiness and the rest ringing of the tuner. I'm also wondering what the ideal setup would be for using the four speakers and receiver for general stereo use(TV, IPod, turntable etc). Thanks

http://www.hifiengine.com/manuals/sansui/qr-6500.shtml

Hey, I just bought a second hand qrx 6500 and I'm really lost.
First of all, I don't know if I should open the case for select the AC line voltage. Here in Spain we use 220 volts and the first thing that happened wwhen I switch it on is that the 5 mps fuse died.
Any help?

Hey, I just bought a second hand qrx 6500 and I'm really lost.
First of all, I don't know if I should open the case for select the AC line voltage. Here in Spain we use 220 volts and the first thing that happened wwhen I switch it on is that the 5 mps fuse died.
Any help?
Little late this reply to your post maybe, but for future alike questions from others. These Sansui QR-6500 nor QRX-6500's do NOT have a multi voltage switch inside! These receivers are single voltage most of the times, no matter for which market they were designed, build for, or marketed, or sold in. But multivoltage version of these receivers were standard for the US military personel audio electronic discount / tax free stores on (foreign and domestic ) military bases and on individual special order only by retailers all over the world for a certain consumer which received then from Sansui Germany via his local retailer; the USA military personel specifically developed and produced and STANDARD factory multi voltage version. The factory multi voltage version has the voltage selector behind a screwed on square black metal plate on top of a otherwise smoked plastic transparent plastic quare size box - which has on the outside printed in white letters 100/117/120/240 volt - mounted top/center/right at the back of the receiver.

Last edited:
Back