Sansui SCD-100 questions

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

russoleum

I have come across an interesting piece of test gear: Sansui SCD-100. Unfortunately, this does not exist on the internet (at least that I could find). Does anyone here have any knowledge they would like to share? It appears to be a test tone generator for quad systems (cd-4, I guess). My guess is based on the “Front” and “Back” selector knob, and a jack on the side that says “30kHz”. See the attached photos for more details. It’s currently not working, but is a future project. Thanks
IMG_4882.jpeg

IMG_4877.jpeg

I have come across an interesting piece of test gear: Sansui SCD-100. Unfortunately, this does not exist on the internet (at least that I could find). Does anyone here have any knowledge they would like to share? It appears to be a test tone generator for quad systems (cd-4, I guess). My guess is based on the “Front” and “Back” selector knob, and a jack on the side that says “30kHz”. See the attached photos for more details. It’s currently not working, but is a future project. ThanksView attachment 98265
View attachment 98266
I have never seen that before either. But that ANRS makes me think you are right: a Sansui test unit. They did make a stand alone CD-4 unit and built in CD-4 in their receivers. What a piece of history!

Please keep us informed how things shape up.

Back