Sears AM/FM 8 TRACK 4 CHANNEL SYSTEM MODEL 132,97550300

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duckland 23

Hi I just bought this off ebay in milwaukee wisconsin . I payed 30.00 cash . It needs a little Tlc . So so far I cleaned all the old grease from the record changer and oiled it up were it needed it .The automatic part of the changer was not working when I got it . But now it works ,But I need a new idler wheel or idler tire for it , mine is hard and worn out , it also picks up to much noise from the platter . So I need to replace the idler wheel . Also I called sears to get a service manual and they told me that, we no longer have one in stock , but last nite I call them back to get the part number for the idler wheel and the part number for the service manual . But the second time I called they gave me the part number for the service manual and it is 202682-10 . So I called last nite on wednesday the the second , and I got A girl that told me that she was going to have someone call or research the part number that there is one that is the same and that that one the part are still in stock . so I have to wait for them to call me back .

In the mean time if you no anything Please help me out .

SEARS AM/FM 8 TRACK 4 CHANNEL SYSTEM

Also it has a built in SQ decoder , Plus a Four channel discrette input . AUX INPUT , AND TWO CHANNEL OUT . VERY NICE UNIT PLAYS SQ FINE CD-4 WELL ? .

Model # 132,97550300

this is the number under it unit .

DSC07867.jpg

DSC07865.jpg

I had a model like this one back around '73 or so--briefly--before I invested in components. It WILL give you discrete Q8, but I don't remember it offering any decent sound or separation for vinyl, whether SQ or CD-4. In fact, it's the kind of cheapie deck that pushed me toward more expensive equipment. Nice to have, at the time, if you wanted to get your feet wet and find out what quad was about, but not something hi-fi by any means. Needless to say, the idler wheel was flimsy and trouble-prone.

I do recognize the platter on the TT--Longines Symphonette, part of the Frankie Valli/4 Seasons box! :D Got that one when it came out around '75. Not great sound but a fairly comprehensive compilation(not that you wanted to know that!)

ED :)

Thats ok . thank you for your help . Maybe some one elso will no so far I no that the turntable is made by voice of music , and the receiver part with the 8 track is made by arvin for sears . Sears dont make the stereos them self they have a company make the products for them . If anyone knows how I can get a service manual printed or has one that would help me do any repairs I need to do . And sams photo fact don't have this model listed at all .

Model # 132,97550300

I think maybe sears made a mistake one the number for the model .

update people . Some parts are available on sears parts.com . And the part number to use is 13297551400 or 13297551401 to look up parts . Most of the part are not available no more , but you can get the stereo alert lamp there , Its a special bulb and you cant use another bulb . why the voltage is 35 on the board, But I think its a 36 volt minature bulb with wires on it .

It might be real tough to get info on that beast. Obviously OEM's by someone for SEARS, this type of unit was prevalent during the early '70s. Low cost systems to get folks "into" quad, used either as a stepping stone to a more elaborate system, or as an end point for those who thought "WTF?" :D

Nice pictures, though. It's always good to see photo's of the old stuff.

new pictures with all parts replaced .I have more info than before I repaired the unit . But it works like a champ and i"m going to sell it on craigslist/ milwaukee / electronics/ sears quadradphonic
DSC07917.jpg

DSC07920.jpg

DSC07946.jpg

DSC07957.jpg

Back