Shaft SACD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
berninahusq said:
Being released in just hybird stereo when the quad tape is so fantastic?

http://www.highfidelityreview.com/news/news.asp?newsnumber=13543004

Not as interested and I hope I misread.

What a missed opportunity! I love this soundtrack, and would love to hear a nice, clean version of the quad master out there. I would hate to think this is the precedent being set for the rest of the Stax/Volt titles they have...

Bad news. The discrete 4 channel version is great ( Q8 ).

JonUrban said:
Bad news. The discrete 4 channel version is great ( Q8 ).

Hello Operator? Operator? Hello??? Hello?? Yes, thank you.....Board Operator.......please connect me to Oblio98 conversions!!

Shaft would be great...........Live at Sahara Tahoe would be even better.........AWESOME Quad!! :D

I did the title song on the first sampler. It was sourced from an old quad 8 track that was copied to a reel 20 years earlier. The location of that 8 track is long long long gone, and is probably on the side of the road somewhere near Winslow, Arizona.

JonUrban said:
The location of that 8 track is long long long gone, and is probably on the side of the road somewhere near Needles, Arizona.

Needles is in California near the Arizona border........right where I picked up that beat up old Q8!! :ugham:

Your lack of source material could be easily solved! :D

JonUrban said:
What about "QuadG"? He could do one!

Whoever is willing to take a crack at it, I do have the Q8, so feel free to send me a message accordingly...I'm still trying to put all the pieces together to be able to do it myself, so someone else would have to do it in the interim...

Back