Simply random stuff

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For lossy codecs (mainly DTS) it makes zero sense reserving bits for ultrasonics...you're just leaving less bits for the easily audible content...as it still has to fit into the same 1536kbps bitrate.

You will get more fidelity out of a 16/48 encoded DTS track than a 24/96 encoded DTS track...so I really hope I don't get complaints that my DTS track isn't 24/96!

For lossy codecs (mainly DTS) it makes zero sense reserving bits for ultrasonics...you're just leaving less bits for the easily audible content...as it still has to fit into the same 1536kbps bitrate.

You will get more fidelity out of a 16/48 encoded DTS track than a 24/96 encoded DTS track...so I really hope I don't get complaints that my DTS track isn't 24/96!
Well allegedly there is more dynamic range to 24/96 DTS. Whether one can hear it or not...well, YMMV. People have been debating this for years.
But yes of course the 1536 kbps bitrate max applies either way.
My personal opinion is that recording and mastering matter more than sample rate, though I've indeed heard some very nice sounding 24/96 DTS.
Then some people say mp3 sounds as good as DTS (I am definitely not in that camp).

So if you're including DTS then I'm guessing you're going DVDA for your next release and will include DTS on the VIDEO_TS folder. :)

Well allegedly there is more dynamic range to 24/96 DTS. Whether one can hear it or not...well, YMMV. People have been debating this for years.
But yes of course the 1536 kbps bitrate max applies either way.
My personal opinion is that recording and mastering matter more than sample rate, though I've indeed heard some very nice sounding 24/96 DTS.
Then some people say mp3 sounds as good as DTS (I am definitely not in that camp).

So if you're including DTS then I'm guessing you're going DVDA for your next release and will include DTS on the VIDEO_TS folder. :)
Oh...I hate announcing things prematurely but I should probably update.

Album is basically done. So yes, we will see a 2024 release (thank god I thought this would never come out, I was honestly getting really sick of working on it). There's some tweaks to be made but we've entered the mixing stage now. There's still a lot of work to be done...so don't expect an announcement soon. My DTS comment was in relation to me running some estimates on file sizes...I may have to make some compromises to get everything I want on the disc (such as stereo being 24/48 instead of 24/96).

Album is basically done. So yes, we will see a 2024 release (thank god I thought this would never come out, I was honestly getting really sick of working on it). There's some tweaks to be made but we've entered the mixing stage now. There's still a lot of work to be done...so don't expect an announcement soon. My DTS comment was in relation to me running some estimates on file sizes...I may have to make some compromises to get everything I want on the disc (such as stereo being 24/48 instead of 24/96).
I'm ready to pre-order! :giggle:

Can you imagine if you had to perform it 300 nights a year for the next 3 years? o_O

Back