Sinatra's "September of My Years" and "Francis Albert Sinatra & Antonio Carlos Jobim"

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dabl

500 Club - QQ All-Star
Since 2002/2003
Sinatra's "September of My Years" and "Francis Albert Sinatra & Antonio Carlos Jobim" were supposed to be released yesterday 02-03-04 on DVD-A yet I can't find them listed at any of the usual online retail sites.

Anybody know anything about the status of these ?

--Don

I'm almost positive that they were both delayed.

Yes, I believe they were 'rescheduled'.....a word that brings shudders to me when it's applied to 5.1's..... :eek:

ED :cool:

Wait... they actually announced these years ago, huh? I'm a huge Frank fan. I've been browsing posts related to Sinatra here and found this. That's a shame they couldn't get these out. There seems to be more interest in SACD now. They should release these in that format. MOFI is releasing a bunch of mono/stereo Sinatras in the next few months. Reprise should get in on the action. Wonder if they actually did the mastering on these two albums, though?

Is that the Sinatra/Jobim album that is the $4500 8-track?

I'm assuming that what you're referring to is the SECOND album that Frank did with Jobim. Frank scuttled the album before it was released, but a few copies hit the stores in 8-track only. It's the rarest of all Sinatra albums for collectors. I'd love to find a copy at a flea market for 50 cents! This was going to be the cover-

220px-SinatraJobim69cover.jpg

And for the record, the first Sinatra/Jobim album is one of the highlights from his Reprise era. The second one is not as strong. It did eventually see the light of day as the first half of "Sinatra and Company." The rest came out as singles.

Ah, I dont have the first one among my Sinatra collection. But I am always on the lookout for that 8-track of the second one. Ah, to have the most valuable 8-track ever.

Back