"Something/Anything" in 5.1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PlasticMoonRain

The webs site Rock's Back Pages (www.rocksbackpages), which is a fine archive of rock journalism, just posted an unpublished interview with Todd Rundgren from December 2001.

The article opens up with the journalist calling Rundgren at his Hawaii studio remixing his classic "Something/Anything" in "Surroundsound."

Rundgren then goes on to say "I’d hoped to get it out for Xmas and hopefully it’ll be OK for spring - but I haven’t been able to find the masters. ‘I Saw The Light’ and ‘It Wouldn’t Have Made Any Difference’ could be in England..."

Of course this really begs the question of what became of this remixed classic album?

Does anybody know?

Drew

Wow! That would be a great release. Since he played all of the parts himself, he can really spread them around.

This is an interesting album - "Piss Aaron" is surround would be a hoot!

This from our man in Rhino:

"Thanks for this news Patrick.

Rhino did advance Todd some money to mix this album, but the loss of the multi-tracks of two key tracks clearly stopped the project. I will call Todd's manager and see if we can get this back on tracks."

Would the man at Rhino know anything about the ELP - WBMFTTSTNE (live) DVD-A release that appeared briefly on our radar? thanks

Actually, Sanctuary may issue the UK CDs I've purchased, but the US product is still tied to Rhino. ICE CD newsletter had a listing for it as a Jan 2004 DVD-A release, then it moved into the Bumped / To Be Scheduled section and last issue disappeared.

Yep! I thought they may have called off the next Gentle Giant surround project and decided to do Todd instead. Oh well.

This title did appear on either Mojave or Dreaming Spires a while ago. I downloaded it, and to my ears, it sounded completely fake. It reminded me very much of the Frank Zappa titles that are basically double stereo with the occasional pan.

Yes, there was a DTS-CD that was purported to possibly be a test pressing of a possible DVD-A release, supposed to have come from an industry source. I remember there being a lot of discussion about whether or not all, any or some of the tracks were discrete - I don't think I ever got around to listening to it.

Would a test pressing for a DVD-A be made in DTS-CD format?

Back