Sony BDP-BX370 Confusion

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fred Lackey

First two SACDs and my first SACD player... the Sony BDP-BX370. I'm concerned that the menu options on the Sony BDP-BX370 showed only "CD" as an option (no "SACD"), and while playing, the screen shows "CD" and CD-like specs. I'm trying to figure out if this is playing a CD layer or if displaying "CD" is simply a limitation of the player.

Eagles - Hotel California - WPCR-14165​
Eric Clapton - Unplugged - UDSACD2224​

Does anyone have a definitive answer?

Thanx,
Fred

Eagles Medium.jpeg

Eagles SACD Medium.jpeg

Eric Clapton Medium.jpeg

Eric Clapton SACD Medium.jpeg

First two SACDs and my first SACD player... the Sony BDP-BX370. I'm concerned that the menu options on the Sony BDP-BX370 showed only "CD" as an option (no "SACD"), and while playing, the screen shows "CD" and CD-like specs. I'm trying to figure out if this is playing a CD layer or if displaying "CD" is simply a limitation of the player.

Eagles - Hotel California - WPCR-14165​
Eric Clapton - Unplugged - UDSACD2224​

Does anyone have a definitive answer?

Thanx,
Fred

View attachment 90494
View attachment 90495
View attachment 90496
View attachment 90497
Go to audio settings and make sure DSD is set to auto
[Auto]: Outputs DSD signals from the
HDMI OUT jack when playing DSD
format file. Outputs LPCM signals
instead if the HDMI connected device
not support DSD.
[Off]
: Outputs PCM signals from the
HDMI OUT jack when playing DSD
format file

In audio settings you probably have to select sacd layer as the default for sacd playback. No idea why it would be set as CD as a default, but it looks like it does. You will also have to select stereo or multichannel as default; since you're on this forum, I assume you have a surround system and would want multichannel.

As for DSD- if your AVR isn't capable of playing back DSD, you can set that as auto or PCM. If your AVR is DSD capable, you need to decide if you want to hear pure DSD and forego any room correction on your AVR- in which case you select DSD- or you want the player to convert to PCM so you can use room correction- in which case you select PCM.

Back