• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sony TC-366-4 Quadraphonic R2R: Free to good (or average) home

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

d_archivist

If anyone near Central Iowa (Des Moines area) would like a project guaranteed to drive you crazy, I have a Sony TC-366-4 Quadraphonic deck for the asking. And no, I won't ship it; it's not worth the bother.

After approximately six weeks of dismantling, cleaning with IPA, and lubing with turbine oil and phonolube, I finally have it to the point where I can playback a pre-recorded stereo tape. And I realized that if I spend another hour working on it. it will end up in the dumpster.

Also includes a dirty TC-366 stereo machine for parts.

Pick up only.

Attachments

• Sony_TC-366-4.jpeg
    Sony_TC-366-4.jpeg
    180.2 KB · Views: 6
I know the feeling. Some of those Sony decks have two clutch assemblies on each reel, can be difficult to get them apart and together, the last one I saw needed new felt for the clutches, along with adjusting tension with spacers to get it to take up but not pull too tight.

It's the craziest thing I've seen - and I've worked on old record changers from the 1940s.

@gene_stl: I'm prepared to throw in a small selection donuts (from the local convenience store) if you're ever up this way. Just let me know.

I really hate to donate this to the Goodwill and have it destroyed being shipped to the next lucky victim.

Don't hang onto to it on my account. Four channel tape is a format I have zero holdings in. And unless somebody dumped them on me I would not anticipate getting any of it. More interested in folks digitizing those things and sharing the files. I do have my old big r2r and if I brought home another big one my mrs. might shift attitude from her present mild amusement to some other less desireable mode. :rolleyes: ;)

I _knew_ I should have splurged for Duncan donuts. Sorry!

And no problem at all. But if you know anyone near Central Iowa who likes a 'challenge,' please feel free to pass this info along.

Back