Sound & Vision's Ken C. Pohlmann blog on their web page

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know what really ticks me off? Sound and Vision did NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING, to support AF's MultiChannel SACD release series. No reviews, no blurbs, so nothing. The only mention of that effort was in a letter to the editor by ME pointing out to them that in their Doors article about their surround releases from AP (which was just a reissue of the DVD-A Perception Box) they never mentioned the fantastic "Best of Doors" Quadraphonic reissue from AF.

That is more of a crock than trying to get attention by writing about the death of surround, or DVD-A, however you want to take that article. To me it's a total attention grab, and I am not totally convinced that it wasn't written that way to stir up support for surround (in an back handed way), of which the author is a fan of.

Well that is an interesting theory Jon...all these books he's authored and then he intentionally makes himself look totally uniformed and inept to actually get people to voice their support...I think maybe you might be giving him more credit than he deserves.....he didn't just throw himself under the bus(by appearing that he didn't do any research) he backed the bus up and took another run...just saying...and if he did do what you suggest...count that as another massive failure...I wouldn't spend a nanosecond responding to that article...

Back