"Sparkle in the Rain" Separating Fact from Fiction

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like corruption. Keeps things interesting and that's exactly why I switched from Panasonic (Corrupted) to the Samsung brand (more corrupted).

In all seriousness, I loved my 42" Panny Plasma I had since 2006. When I needed a new tv, the plasma was on it's way out and that is why I just said F*** it and purchased a 55" Samsung. By the time I wanted a bigger screen (65"), plasma was caput. LCD sets have come a long way...improved quite a bit, and as long as my viewing angle is kept to a minimum, I'm fine with the picture. Though, the deep blacks are what I really miss. Like I stated, I wanted to get the best set they make and that's what I did without doing 4K. I'll wait for pricing to come down on 4K OLED in a couple of years. By then, we might be seeing 8K sets. Technology...gotta love it!! :yikes

hahaha - you took the words right out of my mouth...

Just to bring it back a bit more on topic

I have been sitting on this waiting to purchase the updated version. I ordered the box set as over 90% of surround listening is in the car these days. When Burning Shed announced the updated version I jumped at it. It arrived Friday and I listened to it multiple times over the weekend. The 5.1 was completely underwhelming, it was Simple Minds meets Silverline. I then read that I may have received the incorrect version even though it was new stock for Burning Shed. On Monday I had a new package from Burning Shed with the updated disc and a new booklet too. I hadn't contacted them, they had already recognised the problem and corrected it, kudos to Burning Shed. Been listening to it all day today...indeed the mix is Wilsonesque and very enjoyable.

Hey guys 'n' gals, like a number of people I made a request for a replacement of the bluray using the [email protected] email address. To my surprise I received a replacement. I say surprise as I'm in Australia, I bought it from CDWOWHD in Hong Kong, and the replacement came from Milton Keynes in the UK. Problem was, I had purchased 2 blurays (and requested 2 replacements) but I received 1 DVD-A (with the updated booklet from the box set). I was going to let it ride, but what the heck - I sent a polite email re-requesting what I had originally purchased, ie 2 blurays. A couple of days later I received the following:

Morning Chris,

Thank you for your email. Apologies, I can confirm this has been requested.

Many thanks,

Cressida Mudaliar
Customer Services Advisor
Universal Music Operations

So for those of you that got the DVD-A instead of the bluray, try again and you might get lucky. Nothing has arrived yet mind you, but I live in hope.

I need to do the same thing.

I FINALLY got a replacement package yesterday, but it was the DVD-A and booklet as opposed to the Blu-Ray, which is what I actually ordered.
But at least now I don't need to buy the whole damn box just to get these two best elements! :)

My replacement finally arrived in Dallas, TX. But it was the DVD and not the Bluray I had requested months ago. I've sent them an email.

My replacement finally arrived in Dallas, TX. But it was the DVD and not the Bluray I had requested months ago. I've sent them an email.
I received my replacement- also the DVD-A instead of the Blu-Ray. I emailed Universal, and they said the right version will be sent out ASAP. Nice job. Thank you.

Well, I have received two replacement packets but both with the DVD - not the Blue-Ray.
I have to say the guys at Universal UK with quick to respond to my emails (one late at night & the other on a weekend) with an apology and a promise to get the Blue-Ray out and bam! - I have gotten the replacement package in about a week each. Not bad - London to Long Island in a week.

The trouble must be with the mailroom staff who don't know the difference between the two discs.
I will keep asking if they keep sending!

A bit cheeky, but if anyone in the UK gets the corrected DVD-A in error (and doesn't have to return it) and then the corrected BD, would they fancy sending the DVD-A my way?

Steve:

The original menu, at least on mine didn't have little colored squares beside the different mixes. Just showed the mix...the new one has colored boxes to the left of the mixes.

Also, the physical disk itself (at least mine) is slightly darker yellow in color than original.

Finally, the original disk said "Original Mix" and the new disk says "Original Mix 24/96 LPCM Stereo. These are some of the subtle differences I can see. Otherwise...the striking increase in bass content on new one should be noticeable right away.

I've been sent a replacement Blu Ray by Amazon UK. Should I see the coloured squares on the menu? Because I think I've been sent the original disc, the stereo sounds mono to me.

From Tapatalk

I've been sent a replacement Blu Ray by Amazon UK. Should I see the coloured squares on the menu? Because I think I've been sent the original disc, the stereo sounds mono to me.

From Tapatalk

Yes, I believe you should see the colored squares and other details I described on the correct version. Heck, I haven't even listened to the Stereo...maybe I should...

Yes, I believe you should see the colored squares and other details I described on the correct version. Heck, I haven't even listened to the Stereo...maybe I should...

OK, trying the stereo now...well...I guess it's stereo. I listen to so little 2 channel now that it does sound MONO. LOL! But..that's just because I'm used to hearing surround. All joking aside....yeah, it's sounds like stereo. Remember...in the DTS-HD MA on new version, you should hear a dramatic improvement in bass.

Thanks, ill be contacting Amazon tomorrow. Definitely poor bass and mono.

From Tapatalk

OK, trying the stereo now...well...I guess it's stereo. I listen to so little 2 channel now that it does sound MONO. LOL! But..that's just because I'm used to hearing surround. All joking aside....yeah, it's sounds like stereo. Remember...in the DTS-HD MA on new version, you should hear a dramatic improvement in bass.

There's so much I could say about this total pain in the a$$ disc...

Back