Spinners QUADIO Blu Ray Comments

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ov68a5V.jpg

xTNJVr5.jpg

This is what I'm talking about!!!!

Salud! to all my fellow QUAD members

Thank you RHINO!!!!!!!!

Regards,
Cool Pic, Great listening space!

Got mine 2 days ago with no broken case. I listened to it yesterday and it sounds great to me. Thanks Rhino for fixing this problem! For those who got a broken case maybe you can use the original case on the bad disc until you get a replacement from Rhino. Just a suggestion. Hopefully both of your cases are not cracked.

I really don't! We call it "the sticks". Yet, I don't live in the sticks either. Just good ole farm country. No trees, can see for miles and miles most directions. No hills....yada yada.
I “can see for miles and miles”. You forgot to attribute “who” copyrighted and sang that phrase!

• Haha
Reactions: GOS
Received my Spinners V2 Bluray yesterday - so....
To IDENTIFY the difference - on the bluray, look carefully at the print around the spindle hole (almost all CDs, DVDs, and BDs have printing here.....and if you compare it to the V1 bluray - you'll find a V2 code after the catalog/serial number info.
From the V2 BD, I extracted all channels to each track and compared them to the extracted channels of the V1 BD - and you can clearly see that LEFT FRONT channel fixed....other folks might do this and post these screenshots...
If you just compare by LISTENING to each BD, if you have a sensitive ear - you'll hear the difference....
Way back, when V1 was released and I listened - I THOUGHT I noticed that FRONT LEFT channel down....as like many that already had a QUAD transfer someone released from a CD4 source noticed, too.
In any case, I love these Quadio releases as they sound so much clearer then the secondary transfers I and others located over the years before...

I hope to see more!

I received my retail replacement on Friday from the bundle I bought last year. It arrived safe and well packed, and without any effort on my part asking for it or looking for tracking info. This is a great job by Rhino. They could have just mailed out the disc itself but they went the whole way, as mine was a complete retail item, which I would imagine the all are.

Now we wait for the March/April batch!! WooHoo!

The first track where I really noticed a difference just by listening was track four, I Could Never (Repay Your Love). The hi-hat is louder and firmly in the front left instead of being quieter and more "ethereal"

Another good example is the lead vocals in "Could It Be I'm Falling In Love" More clearly toward the left and again. more solidly placed.

Doug

Last edited:
Back