Springsteen - Hyde Park

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guy Robinson

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
The PQ is great. I spent a lot of time adjusting the audio though. It has to take the worst sound quality for a currently recorded concert on BR that I have. The bass is muddy and most of the instruments are not well delineated. Also the drums are way too far back in the mix and generally lack impact. So I took it from a 2 out of 5 to a 4 out of 5 by choosing the PCM 5.1 option and applying the 7 Channel Enhanced mode in the receiver. Now everything sounds pretty good.

I agree...PQ is excellent and well produced with lots of great camera angles. You can really get a good sense of the massive crowd when you see it from the camera that's behind the band!
Yeah, the PCM 5.1 audio track seems to be the best choice to go with but the center channel does tend to seem crammed with alot at times...especially when Bruce goes into a solo. Still, it's not all that bad.
It's just too bad they didn't take advantage of using one of the HD audio formats like dts Master or DD Tru HD.
Overall this IS one heck of a concert Blu-Ray...I think I was sweating as much as Bruce after watching it from start to finish. He and the E-Street Band put on an amazing performance here!
Highly recommended...

Tim

This guy is a major artist. I guess that I am not quite as forgiving as you are. I can't recommend it based on the AQ as I find it almost unlistenable as it stands using the straight PCM 5.1 track. Now if you manipulate it like I did, it is listenable but you really shouldn't have to do that.

Back