(stereo-only) Car 8-track Recorder? Yes...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winopener

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
and never seen one before.

50ea683b-9498-44a2-af03-694cf7760f52.jpg

That kind of brand (Mecca) was fairly common here in the 1970-1976 timeframe, classic Japanese unit for aftermarket. I've seen a lot of these Mecca and owned one too, from the style it looks very early seventies, mine was a lot better looking... however i've never seen a 8 track recorder for car use. You?

PS: for cassette, i know of a radio+cassette in-dash unit (year 1972) that had stereo recording capabilities: it was a one-off, never before and never after.

I think it is for aspiring scaryoke singers who don't want to forget how well they sounded when they sang along to the AM radio.

On a serious note, I suspect it was for professionals (no, not that kindšŸ˜²) who wanted to take notes while driving.

I think it is for aspiring scaryoke singers who don't want to forget how well they sounded when they sang along to the AM radio.

On a serious note, I suspect it was for professionals (no, not that kindšŸ˜²) who wanted to take notes while driving.

That is the only reason to make a little sense, didn't think about that, since there is no radio built-in to record.

and never seen one before.

50ea683b-9498-44a2-af03-694cf7760f52.jpg

That kind of brand (Mecca) was fairly common here in the 1970-1976 timeframe, classic Japanese unit for aftermarket. I've seen a lot of these Mecca and owned one too, from the style it looks very early seventies, mine was a lot better looking... however i've never seen a 8 track recorder for car use. You?

PS: for cassette, i know of a radio+cassette in-dash unit (year 1972) that had stereo recording capabilities: it was a one-off, never before and never after.
From YouTube:
"Here's a nice old car stereo with recording function! This unit was built in 1973 by Blaupunkt,Model:Bamberg CR. Built in germany 1973"

Back