Still UNKNOWN USA release QUAD Lp 1975 !!!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right, I see the offset on the circle. However, there really isn't a good reason anyone would try and fake this particular album in quad. I do not think that it was a big seller to begin with. A fake Led Zepplin IV CD-4, on the otherhand would turn some heads! :D

JonUrban said:
Right, I see the offset on the circle. However, there really isn't a good reason anyone would try and fake this particular album in quad. I do not think that it was a big seller to begin with. A fake Led Zepplin IV CD-4, on the otherhand would turn some heads! :D

Do you want to know a secret about the Led Zeppelin III Lp (even these guys who wrote books about Led Zeppelin discographies still don't know about it !!!!). I really wish that the Kansas Lp exist.
Just went to ebay, here's an item that not many quaddies (??) know. They are members (or one only is) of the group FOCUS !!!!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=306&item=4015319526&rd=1

Last edited:
kvadro said:
JonUrban said:

Do you want to know a secret about the Led Zeppelin III Lp (even these guys who wrote books about Led Zeppelin discographies still don't know about it !!!!). I really wish that the Kansas Lp exist.
Just went to ebay, here's an item that not many quaddies (??) know. They are members (or one only is) of the group FOCUS !!!!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=306&item=4015319526&rd=1
Focus: Moving Waves - I had that Q8 once..................once.

Can't say I ever saw that LP. Nice find!

The Louis van Dyke quad LP is indeed very rare,, even here in Europe and I gave away a Temptations: All directions for it to get it. Unfortunately the music is boring and the quad mix is not too exciting to my ears. Sounds very much like the Thijs van Leer quad LPs.

kvadro said:
:steering: :steering: :steering: :steering:
No you didn't spend as much time and money as me looking for quad and stereo items, I spent 20 years travelling nearly everyday from country to country/town to town, 4 to 6 hours a day hunting for records... , I have been 25 years in the street and even then I kept looking for records... , I bought items from all over the world just to know the catalog numbers... , I spend 30 years taking notes from records that I didn't know wherever I went, I have 250 books mostly catalogs, prices guides... I did advertised for 10 years or more in magazines like Record Collectors, Oldie Markt, sometimes Goldmines... and really this did cost a very lot, and for the last I had a SMALL shop in UK 1971-1974 selling some records, posters... (I was the first to sell bootlegs in a shop in Europe). I know what I am talking about !!! Another thing : things come to me like magic, my destiny. Even today I find an incredible thing on a quad record !!!! Magic, can you understand that ???? Remember also that when I did ask for help about scans of obis you didn't help me. Also on one of my sites (the quadraphonic one) there was enough already unknow items at that time to help you !!!! And to finish for today : why no one didn't saw you the Japan list, 25 pages or so !!!! Larry Clifton know about this list, and there must be others, SO ????? another thing, why no more entries when JonUrban ask for your helps for doing a database on 45s and EPS. So when I will see EVERYONE of you helping then I will do so ! (and I mean EVERYONE !!!, it's easy just let's look GOOD in our quad collection !!!!, check the countries of releases, catalog numbers, DIFFERENT covers, labels on an item,... I like too the misprint items,... if you think you are into quad, your all boby and mind are quad too)
I made a web page today where you can see the 2 label sides and record cover. Better pictures too !!!
Here's the link : (should be working tomorrow. Just after I made the page online the page couldn't be saw because of provider's site maintenance, of course it didn't happened for over a year and just the hour I made that page it happened !!!! Magic is magic, no joke !!!!
I don't forget too, big quad collectors like Roland Schubert, Michael Robin, Larry Clifton, Dieter Dierk... who told/saw me some items that I didn't know !!!. Roland made me speeding up looking for quads as at that time I was most into searching spychedelic acid like rare items.
http://membres.lycos.fr/realtruthisnow/quad.htm

:mad:@: :steering: :worthy :yikes :alienrob: :wave

Now go to :
http://membres.lycos.fr/realtruthisnow/look.htm

Very nice, but I did not know that the AHM was that rare? Is this a special label?

why is this LP so special I have found 2 for sale on the web between 15 and 35 dollars

Soesbeout

soesbeout said:
why is this LP so special I have found 2 for sale on the web between 15 and 35 dollars

Soesbeout

It is just Gabrial. Look Gabrial i wish i had time to write a long reply, but here is the problem. As Dangerfield would have said-- It is the music dummy. I certainly respect your knowledge of all the little facts, but for the most part, different listing of publishers of a song from one lp to another does not mean anything in the music is different. That has always been my wonder about you, where is the music. I have never found one collector here in all my years who has ever done any trade with you. You have made so many claims of finding material no one has, yet have you ever let anyone else hear dubs of these rare titles. And every time you show up, you claim to be poor. Not a poor mans hobby anymore. Here is a list of things i pulled from all the lists i received from you, they are all in a file-goes back 12 or more years. Are any of these in your collection. I guess you could offer up a couple of these and get yourself some spending cash.

edgar winter roadwork egq 31429
uriah heep return to fantasy
caption beyond cp4-0105
country joe paradise with an ocean view
micky newbury i came to hear the music
dolly parton my tennessee country home
bonnie rait turn of the card
rod stewert atlantic crossing
carly simon another passenger eq 1064
james taylor sweet baby james
leo sayer another year
sly stone heard ya missed me peq 34348
queen queen eq 5064
james gang 16 greatest hits
birth control hoodoo man q 65316
clean living vsq 40009
larry coryel the real great escape
deep purple burn
kinky friedman solid american vsq 40024
jethro tull minstrel in the gallery
journey look into the future pcq 33904
supertramp crime of the century qu 53647
oregon music from another era vsq 40015
john mclaughlin apocalyse cq 32957
the westcoasters walk on the wild side
percy faith concert memory
bb king live in tokyo
papa john creach st louis blues 4rp 5024
foghat energized qd 1050

I would be glad to fork over some dough to hear these! Show me some scans of these.

JonUrban said:
Very nice, but I did not know that the AHM was that rare? Is this a special label?

No that's 2 DIFFERENT copies ! Note that on 1 copy it's written 'PINK FLOYD' and that on the other copy it's written 'THE PINK FLOYD'. And that's only on side 1. On both copies side 2 is written 'THE PINK FLOYD.

quadtrade said:
It is just Gabrial. Look Gabrial i wish i had time to write a long reply, but here is the problem. As Dangerfield would have said-- It is the music dummy. I certainly respect your knowledge of all the little facts, but for the most part, different listing of publishers of a song from one lp to another does not mean anything in the music is different. That has always been my wonder about you, where is the music. I have never found one collector here in all my years who has ever done any trade with you. You have made so many claims of finding material no one has, yet have you ever let anyone else hear dubs of these rare titles. And every time you show up, you claim to be poor. Not a poor mans hobby anymore. Here is a list of things i pulled from all the lists i received from you, they are all in a file-goes back 12 or more years. Are any of these in your collection. I guess you could offer up a couple of these and get yourself some spending cash.

caption beyond cp4-0105
leo sayer another year
queen queen eq 5064
clean living vsq 40009
deep purple burn
bb king live in tokyo

foghat energized qd 1050

I would be glad to fork over some dough to hear these! Show me some scans of these.

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :51banana: :banana: :banana: :banana::banana: :wave :howl :howl :howl :howl :alienrob: :alienrob: :alienrob: :alienrob: :bounce
Now I got you, that's EXACTLY what I want to make you ALL understand about all the little facts : from the list IN RED above the way to find any of these items IS BY LOOKING GOOD INTO THE RECORD COVER : on the labels, on the matrix wax, on the catalog number(s) and of course on the cover. For the CD-4 items you even have to look into the grooves !!!. Specially STEREO test pressings, promos... and of course the first pressings of these items !!!! The The Westcoasters "walk on the wild side". I even have 1 or 2 copies for trade !! Yes I am still poor, money means nothing to me and when I have some I spend it good like buying ultra rare/rare records... I have no time to work for money, I don't like people who work and don't do their work to perfection and get paid for it. No still I am not selling any items, I have my own ways of seeing things; time is on my side. I did trades in the past with Michael Robin, Larry Clifton, well with nearly all the "BIG" quad colectors, if they did do trades with me it saw that I do have items that they still haven't got from others.... The problem that you don't realised is that I know EXACTLY wich items are rare AND their values !! When someone want to trade lets say a Santana USA release for one of my Presley Japan release, of course I am not interested to trade, you should be surprise the kind of trades some people want to do. If you need the The Westcoasters "walk on the wild side" for dub, NO problem !!! Remember that I live in France so you will have to send me the money to send it REGISTERED and you will have to send it back REGISTERED too, that's will be around $20. I will make a scan in a day or 2 of the The Westcoasters lp.

Last edited:
texquad said:
If Shamal is truly SQ, does anybody know if it made it to CD with it's encoding intact?

This particular Gong Lp has not been reissued. I would be stone-dead thunderstruck to see it issued on CD - it wasn't the best of their work. Heck, the CBS reps didn't even promo this one to FM radio!

Clark

quadtrade said:

caption beyond cp4-0105
leo sayer another year
queen queen eq 5064
clean living vsq 40009
deep purple burn
bb king live in tokyo
foghat energized qd 1050

:alienrob: :alienrob: :alienrob: :alienrob: Walk On The Cool Side
Quadtrade, as I promise here's the scan of the cover from the The Westcoasters "walk on the wild side", I only have 1 copy left NEW/MINT. If you have some interesting item to trade for it do let me know !, I also still have 2 copies of LOUIS VAN DYKE, feat. ROGIER VAN OTTERLOO "Telepathy" lps for trade too. And others !! Go to :
http://membres.lycos.fr/quadraphonic/traderarities.htm
http://membres.lycos.fr/quadraphonic/trade.htm
http://membres.lycos.fr/quadraphonic/japan45.htm
I will update this site soon

It's more easy to find items when you know how the cover looks like.

Attachments

• westcoa.jpg
    westcoa.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 368
Last edited:
texquad said:
If Shamal is truly SQ, does anybody know if it made it to CD with it's encoding intact?

:mad:@: :mad:@: :mad:@: :mad:@: :mad:@: :mad:@: :mad:@: :mad:@: :mad:@:
See a or "the" promo copy label WITHOUT the quad writing/logo. Interesting, but we have a problem now to know if the CDs are quad encoded, and I think someone wrote me to tell me that there is also a normal release WITHOUT the quad writing/logo. I really thought that all USA releases had the quad writing/logo... .... SAME number PZ 34156...

Attachments

• gong_NO.gif
    gong_NO.gif
    52.8 KB · Views: 361
I have the promo copy, and it doesn't have the SQ markings and it seems to be just stereo. It doesn't sythesize too badly, but much of it is primarily coming from the front speakers, enough to make me believe that is is not a quad mix.

sspsandy said:
but much of it is primarily coming from the front speakers, enough to make me believe that is is not a quad mix.
Can you listen again to the LAST track side 2 and let me know if this particular track and the half ending of the track 2 side 2 sound like quad effects as these 2 tracks do sound quad with back speakers, the rest as yours is primarily coming from the front speakers. :brew

JonUrban said:
Wow! That's the exact same label as the Ommadawn SQ album! (You can see it on the WB page - it's a comparison shot to the Virgin CD-4 label)

Very interesting! I would think that it truely IS SQ, as in the 34xxx series, Columbia was releasing a lot on "quad only" and "secret quad" titles, and it does have the SQ trademark line at the bottom. Is there anything to indiacte quad in the run off area of the vinyl?

Have you tried decoding it? I am not familiar with this aritst or title.

A lot has been discussed about this album and group, but my two cents. This particular album has been a "hot" album for some collectors of hip-hop records, as two of the songs ("Mandrake" and "Bambooji") have been sampled in some recent hits. I am sure people who may be looking for the album for this reason may have come across this possible quad pressing and not know of its importance, since quad means nothing to those under a certain age.

Well, talking about quad rarities I own my only one QS recording made in Italy with Vedette label.
It's the italian version of Ovation sound effects.
The strange thing is that this particular recordings still exist on cd with italian label Duck Records, but they contain more stuff on cd, and a different playlist.

This particular record has the "quadrifonico" word printed only on the record labels. No reference of "quadrifonico" on the sleeve.

Now, I could only refer to QS just reading to the words written down the label, where copyright is located.
I'll upload the shots taken from this.

Last edited:
Back