The Doors - Live material in 5.1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timbre4

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
QQ Supporter
Since 2002/2003
As you can tell by my recent avatar change, I'm pretty excited about the impending release of The Doors six studio albums in 5.1 high resolution.

Maybe somebody posted this little piece of information long ago (2001?) but it was news to me this week.

I just got a copy of The Doors - Live At The Aquarius Theatre: The Second Performance as issued by the official Bright Midnight of Rhino. It is a nicely done 2 CD set of The Doors as they played on July 21st, 1969. All very nice to have and then suddenly I read this in the back of the booklet credits:

plenty of technical details including this juicy paragraph:

"The mix was performed digitally in Stereo and 5.1 Surround through a Sony DMX R100 console with reverb from a T.C. Electronic 6000. Loudspeakers used were B&W 801N's and the amplifiers are Ayre Acoustics V-1's with Nordost Super Flatline Cable loudspeaker wire. The stereo mix was sample rate converted using a DB Technology 3000s from 96kHz to 44.1kHz/16 bit which is the standard CD sampling and bit rate. The final stereo and 5.1 Surround mixes were recorded onto a Sonic Solutions HD System where they were edited and mastered."

So it's just a matter of time! :banana:

Back