The Orb / David Gilmour

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

privateuniverse

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Screenshot_20230810-092520_Chrome.jpg

I think Iā€™ve finally found my inner peace with these ā€œstreaming surround but no physical discā€ releases... or maybe thatā€™s just Acceptance in the five stages of grief.

Trying to just stay focused on the great stuff that is being released on disc.

I think Iā€™ve finally found my inner peace with these ā€œstreaming surround but no physical discā€ releases... or maybe thatā€™s just Acceptance in the five stages of grief.

Trying to just stay focused on the great stuff that is being released on disc.
If the a) lossy compressed ATMOS multi-channel is available on streaming, AND b) the lossless ATMOS Multi is available to PURCHASE only, I'm just about ok with that. However, mostly, only occasionally a) is true, and b) almost never and often neither, and it bugs the hell out of me!!! (the good work Immersive Audio are doing on the VERY occasional title I want, excepted (top chaps!! :) )).

Where the multi/hi-res exists, it's still often barely available, or only available for a short time. Just make all versions of everything available to buy/stream/download all the time FFS, and let us purchase the stuff in the format we want (though I understand not wanting to do runs of physical and risk being out of pocket with left over stock).

Some good examples that personally annoyed me (I manage to "find" proper digital copies, but would have bought them if they were available), Dire Straits - Brothers in Arms, Fleetwood Mac - Rumours, Eagles - Hotel California. There are mountains more!!

Shut up and take my money already!! ;) :(

Some good examples that personally annoyed me (I manage to "find" proper digital copies, but would have bought them if they were available), Dire Straits - Brothers in Arms, Fleetwood Mac - Rumours, Eagles - Hotel California. There are mountains more!!

These three titles were all readily available for years, often times reprinted and even repackaged. Have you check Discogs for resale copies?

Back