The Pixies: Doolittle + Love & Rockets 5.1 BD-As next month

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright... I finally decided to preview some Pixies (having never heard them)... this is great stuff! Reminds me of Weezer (one of my favorite bands)... there goes another $20. May as well get them both, I suppose...:mad:@:

You won't be disappointed, a brilliant band!

Alright... I finally decided to preview some Pixies (having never heard them)... this is great stuff! Reminds me of Weezer (one of my favorite bands)... there goes another $20. May as well get them both, I suppose...:mad:@:

Same here! I had heard *of* them, but not heard their music before. They sound quite interesting and I am sure they would work in 5.1! Another two on my shopping list. Which is frighteningly long at this point. Oh well, one step at a time :)

Btw, the main discussion thread for these two is here.

Great to see Neil Wikes do the surround!(y)

Seventh Dream Of Teenage Heaven was Love And Rockets darkly psychedelic debut album, and it was released by Beggars Banquet in 1985 and marked the beginning of a career that would span an impressive 14 years and 7 albums. This special release features a high definition 96 kHz / 24 bit surround mix created by Neil Wilkes from the analogue multi-tracks and also includes three additional bonus tracks from the original session including the single Ball Of Confusion and a cover of Pink Floyd s Lucifer Sam .

Please let this be accurate. I would kill for Heaven or Las Vegas in 5.1

Jan Burnett says:
November 16, 2016 at 16:09
ha! Interestingly I had a chat with a friend at Beggars/4AD a couple of years ago. They have 5.1’s of Cocteau Twins albums too. Someone, who has now left, commissioned them, but they. have been sitting on the shelf for years as they didn’t think there was a market for them.

To bad the Cocteau Twins in surround wasn't true as there was another post at super deluxe edition saying:

"Jan Burnett says:
November 17, 2016 at 18:28
and it appears there was a miscommunication over a beer regarding the Cocteau Twins 5.1’s. I’ve just had confirmation there are NO 5.1’s but there are remasters. I hear the Pixies 5.1’s are amazing. Looking forward to them.""

When I initially saw the post about Cocteau Twins in surround, my heart beat started speeding up as would love,love,love to hear their stuff in surround.
At least we are getting the Pixies and Love and Rockets, these are very good recordings by both bands, hope they sell really well so that we can get some more 5.1's from both bands.

Back