The Who Live at the Royal Albert Hall

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tlake6659

300 Club - QQ All-Star
Since 2002/2003
This is now scheduled to come out on Jan 6. It is a hybrid multichannel disc that comes on three discs including the entire show and a four track bonus disc.

Got this last night (from Amazon), and after being seriously disappointed by the horrible compession on the CD version of this album, the SACD sounds like a sonic wonder. The multichannel mix isn't going to win any awards, but it sounds like I feel a live album should, like you are in the front row at the concert. This is especially evident on tracks like Magic Bus when you can hear the crowd chanting "Magic Bus" from the rear speakers behind you. Who multichannel fans should definately pick this up.

I had a look at the website of the company producing it (in Germany) but no sign of being able to buy it direct from them. I may pop up Oxford Street (London) this week and mooch around to see if it's arrived on the shelves.

Noticed that at the big HMV store they have discontinued the special shelf where DVD-A and SACD were bunched together - and such discs are in with the stereo cousins. That means I never get to see which releases by other artistes I would not normally buy have been released!

H :(

Back