Time to Lay Your Cards on the Table - How Many Quads Do You Own?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey All,

I have:
71 Quad LPs, a few of which are duplicates
41 quad 8 tracks including two blanks
4 quad reels that are dubs of the Pink Floyd quad 8 tracks
1 Steely Dan Quad EP

I have one quad 8-track player and one quad 8-track recorder (plus lots of other hardware).

Fun!

If anyone has a good transfer of Bitches Brew on DTS or DVD-A can you please PM me? I have the vinyl if someone wants to make the transfer...

Hope all are well!

Ken

What's on the Steely Dan Quad EP?

A curious little item:

7" with the CAT # LLP #QD-255
Steely Dan "Pretzel Logic"
Side 1 - With A Gun & Rikki Don't Lose That Number
Side 2 - Barrytown & Pretzel Logic

"Produced by ABC Records especially for Little LP's Unlimited, Danbury, Conn.

Comes with inserts for a juke box with the term "ABC Quadraphonic LP" included.

The vinyl is mint to near mint and the label specifies 33 1/3 & Special Promotional Record.

I forget what I paid, but I bet it wasn't much! I grew up in Connecticut and almost certainly got it there or in Boston.

A potential "eBay shocker" if I were to ever part with it. At this time I am keeping it, so y'all can relax. If you'd like a scan I can oblige.

Ken

Vinyl, in the hundreds...and you couldn't pay me to actually count them. On the other hand, I've only about a hundred Q8's, never liked the format but bought them as needed when they were the only format available.

ED :)

If we offered enough, I'll bet you'd go count them. :mad:@:

It's like that old salesman's joke: man asks girl if she'd go to bed with him for a million $. Sure, she says. Then he says, how about for $10? "What do you think I am?" she asks. We've already established that, now we're just haggling over price.

Vinyl, in the hundreds...and you couldn't pay me to actually count them. On the other hand, I've only about a hundred Q8's, never liked the format but bought them as needed when they were the only format available.

ED :)

A scan would be lovely. Thank you in advance.

Hey Linda and All,

Here ya' go!

Ken

Dan Quad 1.jpgDan Quad 2.jpgDan Quad 3.jpgDan Quad 4.jpg

While I'm still relatively new to this forum, I have been collecting quad media for decades. Here is a breakdown of my current collection by media type and quad format.

343 - Q8's
1 - SQ8 [or QS8]
75 - Discrete Quad Reels - commercial issues
1 - EV Encoded Reel
1 - DY Encoded Reel
624 - Total Quad LP's
313 - SQ
95 - QS
182 - CD-4
20 - DY
6 - EV
1 - UHJ
2 - RM (early QS)
1 - Quadrafile (SQ/UD-4/CD-4/QS encoded)
2 - Holophonic (surround encoding)
2 - SQ bootlegs, though marked "QS"
3 - SQ 7" Singles
1 - SQ 7" EP
1 - SQ 12" Single
1 - SQ Encoded Cassette
12 - SQ Encoded King Biscuit Flower Hour Reel to Reel Shows
5 - SQ Encoded BBC Rock Hour Reel to Reel Shows
1 - SQ Encoded Video Tape
2 - QS 7" Singles
5 - QS 7" EPs
2 - CD-4 45 EPs (calibration discs)
1 - Quad Encoded CD
2 - Pink Floyd Immersion Box Sets w/SQ Encoded CDs

I'd be interested in hearing from others who collect either KBFH and/or BBC Rock Hour reels, quad encoded or stereo.

Enjoyable thread.

Keith

Back