Tony Visconti: Trapt, Fefe Dobson, and Bowie's "Young Americans" in 5.1???

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kazaam

701 Club - QQ All-Star
I came across this note over at Tony Visconti's website. It's dated July 9th, so it may have already been discussed; but I couldn't dig up anything. (I know "Young Americans" was already brought up somewhere in some capacity.) Anyway, I found his optimism regarding 5.1 mixes quite refreshing---though he didn't exactly specify either SACD or DVD-Audio. That's OK. I'm first and foremost a surround guy. Anyway...

http://www.tonyvisconti.com/news/index.shtml

From the website:

I spent part of May and all of June remixing new releases by Trapt and Fefe Dobson in the 5.1 surround sound format. Folks, this format ain't going away........ music sounds great coming from all sides -- it's breathtaking. I also mixed David Bowie's Young Americans album in 5.1 earlier this year and it will be available very soon....

Admittedly, I don't know who or what Fefe Dobson is and Trapt isn't my favorite band; but I still feel good anytime a good 5.1 mix is released. That said, I'm still eagerly awaiting the long-overdue release of Bowie's "Live" and "Stage" DVD-Audios. So, we'll see.

Fefe Dobson is a Canadian female artist. Poppy but a tad edgy. She's like a pissed off chick. Not really my cup of tea.

Back