Top 10 Quadraphonic LP's, Q8's Or Reels That You Want But Don't have

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hahha. When I started the thread I said that it doesn't have to be just 10. I finally got around to compiling a mostly complete wanted list for quad LPs. And my ultimate list would be the whole MA discography minus what I already have ;)

I shouldn't laugh at that, but I can't help being slightly amused at the idea of the vocals on Run Charlie Run coming discrete from different speakers.
That would be so funny though if it was mixed like how I'm thinking with certain vocals coming from different speakers. Really a shame this didn't come out on quad reel. There was a stereo reel.

My bigwanted list has changed a lot cause I've got a lot and have added other things, but just for fun I made a most most wanted list. More of a need list than a want list. This is much shorter as I think my main list scares people. Also I stuck to domestic only for these. They are also somewhat in order of importance

SQ Quadraphonic

1) Wish You Were Here PINK FLOYD
2) That's the Way of the World EARTH WIND & FIRE
3) All-American Boy RICK DERRINGER
4) Santana (1st Album)
5) Free-for-All TED NUGENT
6) Greatest Hits RAY STEVENS
7) Greatest Hits SLY & THE FAMILY STONE
8) Shaft ISAAC HAYES
9) Touch MORTON SUBOTNICK
10) Booger Bear BUDDY MILES

QS Quadraphonic

1) Their 16 Greatest Hits THE GRASS ROOTS
2) The Smoker You Drink, the Player You Get JOE WALSH
3) Coming Down Your Way THREE DOG NIGHT
4) L.A. midnight B.B. KING
5) Keeper of the Castle THE FOUR TOPS

CD-4 Quadraphonic

1) Best of the Doors
2) Muscle of Love ALICE COOPER
3) Greatest Hits FRIENDS OF DISTINCTION
4) Greatest Hits Vol. 2 FRANK SINATRA
5) 461 Ocean Boulevard ERIC CLAPTON
6) Killing Me Softly ROBERTA FLACK
7) The Captain and Me DOOBIE BROTHERS
8) Strombringer DEEP PURPLE
9) Red Octopus JEFFERSON STARSHIP
10) Love Will Keep Us Together THE CAPTAIN & TENNILLE

Well, the dynamic here has shifted for me since getting the Surround Master SQ.

my Top 10 Wants:
1. Nillson - Nillson Schmillson - Q8 (have the CD4).
2. Herbie Hancock - Head Hunter - Q8 & SQ. (have the surround SACD).
3. Minnie Riperton - Perfect Angel - Q8 & SQ. (Want to hear 'Loving You'. Also think it's awesome that she is the mother of Maya Rudolph).
4. Black Oak Arkansas - Raunch & Roll - Q4 (have Q8 & CD4 - want the Q4 so I can play it backwards).
5. B.B. King & Bobby Blue Bland - Together For The First Time, Live - Q8 & QS (I have the regular 8T & LP of this album. Would love to find if the 4 Channel gives you the feel of being there!).
6. Allman Brothers Band - Brothers And Sisters - Q4 ( I heard this had been recorded but never released on Q8 or CD4, but allegedly, a few Q4 copies were put out)
7. Johnny Cash at San Quentin - SQ (Have the Q8. Played it once for my mom's ex-husband, who had been incarcerated. Part way through, he had this look on his face like he was there in the crowd!).
8. Santana - Caravanserai - Q8 (Have the SQ).
9. All the usual hard-to-find releases of Pink Floyd and Aerosmith on SQ & Q8.
10. Tchaikovsky - The Nutcracker - any quad version of the complete ballet. I have the Q8, Q4 and CD4 of The Nutcracker Suite, but want the complete ballet in 4.0 or 5.1.

And, Santa, if you could get this together, pronto, I'd appreciate it and attempt to be a good boy the rest of the year.

Ones I'm after - but hey if I see anything rock I'll pick it up:

Chicago SQ LPs (anything apart from IX which I have)
Steely Dan QS LPs
Santana SQ LPs (apart from Amigos which I have)

P.S. - I passed on a copy of Wish you Were Here SQ a while back, perhaps I should got it....:yikes

Some good want lists here. Mine has shifted around quite a bit from acquiring some and adding some. Also, I have finally compiled a Q8 want list!!! I will add these soon. Maybe next week. Flea market this weekend so my list could change yet again. :O

One thing I hope for is to find another cheap Q8 bonanza soon!

LizardKing said:
P.S. - I passed on a copy of Wish you Were Here SQ a while back, perhaps I should got it....:yikes

I finally bought copies of the UK SQ DSOTM & AHM. WYWH, while available in the US, seems like its always priced insanely.

Since the cover wasn't marked quad, (from what I can tell, except for the Quadraphonic sticker on the plastic sleeve which is almost always missing) I figure if I check the label on every copy of Wish You Were Here I come across, I'll eventually turn one up that someone didn't even realise was quad.

PS: That's how I got Santana Welcome (SQ)

Back