Trevor Horn Concert: Slaves to the Rhythm - 5.1 mix and quality?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Bright Side

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
Hey fellow quaddies! I wonder if any of you can comment on the surround mix and sound quality of the 25th anniversary concert DVD for Trevor Horn:

http://www.discogs.com/Trevor-Horn-Slaves-To-The-Rhythm/release/1380777

Considering the guy's sound has always been thunderous and the 5.1 mix is specifically advertised on the back cover, this may be a treat - but the Dolby Digital only scares me a bit. I checked out some clips from the gig on youtube and musically, they're really cool. Plus, for what it's worth, the stereo sound is nice.

Any experiences with this disc?

Hey fellow quaddies! I wonder if any of you can comment on the surround mix and sound quality of the 25th anniversary concert DVD for Trevor Horn:

http://www.discogs.com/Trevor-Horn-Slaves-To-The-Rhythm/release/1380777

Considering the guy's sound has always been thunderous and the 5.1 mix is specifically advertised on the back cover, this may be a treat - but the Dolby Digital only scares me a bit. I checked out some clips from the gig on youtube and musically, they're really cool. Plus, for what it's worth, the stereo sound is nice.

Any experiences with this disc?

As a big TH fan, I've had this for some time and the 5.1 mix is pretty good. It's a concert mix, therefore has a level of ambience as expected but I found it a thoroughly enjoyable watch and listen. The audio post production was done at Sarm West (now closed down :( ) by Trevor and Bob Orton. Once can only assume that covered the 5.1 mix too.

I don't think you'll be disappointed! Let's be honest, any film of a gig that has TH, Lol Creme, Steve Lipson, Louis Jardim, Trevor Rabin, Chris Squire, Alan White, Steve Lowe, Bruce Woolley, Geoff Downes, Grace Jones, ABC (featuring the legend that is Nick Beggs on bass!), Claudia Brücken, Susanne Freytag, Ralf Dörper, Michael Mertens, Belle & Sebastian, Dollar (questionable, I know), Lisa Stansfield, Seal, t.A.t.U. (as equally questionable as Dollar!) and a 3/5 version of Frankie Goes to Hollywood all on stage takes some beating ;)

Back