TRIBUTE TO JEFF BECK

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WozzaDog

A TRIBUTE TO JEFF BECK​

Monday 22 May - Tuesday 23 May at Royal Albert Hall

In conjunction with Triple A Entertainment Group Ltd., Sandra Beck and Eric Clapton have announced two nights of concerts with rock legend colleagues and friends to honour the memory and artistry of the late Jeff Beck.

Doyle Bramhall
Eric Clapton
Gary Clark Jr
Johnny Depp
Billy Gibbons
Imelda May
John McLaughlin
Robert Randolph
Olivia Safe
Rod Stewart
Joss Stone
Susan Tedeschi
Derek Trucks
Ronnie Wood

From the Jeff Beck Band: Rhonda Smith, Anika Nilles and Robert Stevenson.
Surplus income from the concerts will be donated to the Folly Wildlife Rescue based in Tunbridge Wells, Kent.

Im hoping someone sees this post who is on the production team of the tribute to Jeff Beck concert or knows someone, and consider my feedback / asks:

1. Can this concert be recorded in 8k for future formats?
2. Can this concert be released on 4k Blu-ray in Atmos?
3. Can this concert be released on 4k Blu-ray in DTS-X?
3. Can this concert be released on 4k Blu-ray in IMAX Enhanced? (we need more IMAX enhanced discs)
4. Can the performers consider performing an immersive audio production where the music doesnt just come from the stage?

Jeff's contribution to surround music is nothing short of legendary and part of his legacy. What better way to honor him with a surround sound concert?

I dont believe there is a 4k live concert with Atmos. The world wants 4k Atmos on disc, and 8k in the future.

"What we think about we bring about."
- Dr John Demartini

Just FYI, still available (on DVD as well) but the included concert is only stereo.
image_2023-04-16_113542345.png
Blu-ray Jeff Beck - Still On The Run The Jeff Beck Story - 2 Blu-ray Limited E

I love the live at Ronnie Scott’s Blu-Ray, which coincidentally is across from my favourite coffee shop in the world Bar Italia.

Yeah, certainly a better performance than 2007 Montreux Jazz Festival included on the BR set posted above. (They had a few stage glitches.) But the included video biography is worth it IMO.
But I don't care. I bought it for the guitar ;)

A TRIBUTE TO JEFF BECK​

Monday 22 May - Tuesday 23 May at Royal Albert Hall

In conjunction with Triple A Entertainment Group Ltd., Sandra Beck and Eric Clapton have announced two nights of concerts with rock legend colleagues and friends to honour the memory and artistry of the late Jeff Beck.

Doyle Bramhall
Eric Clapton
Gary Clark Jr
Johnny Depp
Billy Gibbons
Imelda May
John McLaughlin
Robert Randolph
Olivia Safe
Rod Stewart
Joss Stone
Susan Tedeschi
Derek Trucks
Ronnie Wood

From the Jeff Beck Band: Rhonda Smith, Anika Nilles and Robert Stevenson.
Surplus income from the concerts will be donated to the Folly Wildlife Rescue based in Tunbridge Wells, Kent.

Im hoping someone sees this post who is on the production team of the tribute to Jeff Beck concert or knows someone, and consider my feedback / asks:

1. Can this concert be recorded in 8k for future formats?
2. Can this concert be released on 4k Blu-ray in Atmos?
3. Can this concert be released on 4k Blu-ray in DTS-X?
3. Can this concert be released on 4k Blu-ray in IMAX Enhanced? (we need more IMAX enhanced discs)
4. Can the performers consider performing an immersive audio production where the music doesnt just come from the stage?

Jeff's contribution to surround music is nothing short of legendary and part of his legacy. What better way to honor him with a surround sound concert?

I dont believe there is a 4k live concert with Atmos. The world wants 4k Atmos on disc, and 8k in the future.

"What we think about we bring about."
- Dr John Demartini
Great lineup. It's a shame Jimmy Page isn't coming out of retirement to play a song or 2. Maybe he'll surprise everyone. If I recall, the last time I've seen JP play in public was at Jeff Beck's induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and I know they were great friends to the end.

Back