Try Hard Coffee/Vinyl/ATMOS Club

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

austinsignal

QQ Supporter
This may get flagged and deleted for being self-serving - but this is a very cool project that I thought may interest forum members. Monthly vinyl club, that includes a custom-roasted coffee based on the band's drinking preferences. All Austin-based bands/artists. Vinyl pressed in Austin. Some projects will be recorded at my place, I'll cut all the vinyl masters - and...I'll be remixing all the projects in ATMOS. Try Hard Coffee and Vinyl Club

I think that's a cool concept...a bit different twist than I've seen before. I fear the music will likely be far from my tastes....but I love coffee and the idea of pressing albums, and having Atmos available even if downmixed for my 4.1 system. What genre / style of music is generally found for your selections?

This may get flagged and deleted for being self-serving - but this is a very cool project that I thought may interest forum members. Monthly vinyl club, that includes a custom-roasted coffee based on the band's drinking preferences. All Austin-based bands/artists. Vinyl pressed in Austin. Some projects will be recorded at my place, I'll cut all the vinyl masters - and...I'll be remixing all the projects in ATMOS. Try Hard Coffee and Vinyl Club
As I sit sipping my Sunday morning coffee and listening to Atmos, this looks interesting.
I have subscriptions with soul-less mega-corporations that probably offer me less value.

I see there's a discount for a three-month pre-order.

https://www.tryhardcoffee.com/colle...oducts/6-months-vinyl-of-the-month-membership

I'll be remixing all the projects in ATMOS. Try Hard Coffee and Vinyl Club
Please enlighten us about how distributing your Atmos mixes fit into this project, if that's been determined yet.

I have a good local coffee roaster.
The hipster cachet of a boutique limited vinyl pour is wasted on me.

I am happy to support musicians by paying for surround-mixed downloads.

Please enlighten us about how distributing your Atmos mixes fit into this project, if that's been determined yet.

Once final mixes/masters/vinyl masters are done, I cut the lacquers, and remix from the mix sessions to ATMOS - then the program material will be published to the streaming services. I don't think we're contemplating selling downloads for stereo or any other format at this point! It's an expensive endeavor as is, very much pointed at supporting Austin artists (of which there are many!) and Austin businesses. It's not for everyone, I'm sure!

Once final mixes/masters/vinyl masters are done, I cut the lacquers, and remix from the mix sessions to ATMOS - then the program material will be published to the streaming services. I don't think we're contemplating selling downloads for stereo or any other format at this point! It's an expensive endeavor as is, very much pointed at supporting Austin artists (of which there are many!) and Austin businesses. It's not for everyone, I'm sure!
Sounds like a cool project.
Much respect for the Austin music scene, we've always had many of the bands play the clubs here.

The streams are bound to generate interest on the forum.
Thanks for sharing about working in Atmos and the music business from your unique perspective.
Good luck with it, keep us updated.

Hey Dave-wave - I fellow forum member turned me on to IAA - so I took your comment to heart. I had no idea IAA existed! David Ramirez on IAA

Back