The Levellers- Levelling The Land - Box Set with 5.1 mix

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Listening to Levelling The Land, Tidal at work. I like it has a very close to Crowded House sound.
I really liked the stereo at work.
I thought what the heck, so ordered the box set, wow, really expensive, I wasn't looking to spend that much, but finger on the trigger, click.
I continue to wonder what my last purchase of 2023 is going to be?
Not sure I can buy in 2024 what I bought in 2023, very expensive music hobby year.

That's what I thought at first, but I was wrong, and so are you, I'll bet. 🙃
Allow me to demonstrate:
Haha... cheers for this...as I also wondered what the hell was going on.

Much like I am with the DTS. Shocking that this wasn't checked before release. I can't get it to work no matter what I try. Will have to sort when backing up i suppose.

Great release though, and not sure it is thaaaat expensive for what is included (looking at you Lifehouse!)

I ordered mine way after you guys, on 12/22/2023 and received yesterday 1/8/2024, got number 036/300.
What the heck are they delivering the high numbers first, and the last order of 300 will get 01/300?

Attachments

• IMG_5128.jpg
    IMG_5128.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 0
I am ripping the disc now.
I first started with DVD Audio Extractor, no go.
Now I am using MakeMKV, lots of errors but ripping. What it is ripping i will find out.
Very expensive box set, I will want my money back if the DVD-Video disc does not play or rip.

Back to this mess.
Has anyone made a complaint and got an answer?

This is what I know as facts.
1. CD Demo disc plays and rips perfect.
2. DVD-V disc does not play in player at all.
3. Ripping disc, stereo, 24bit/96Khz FLAC plays well when ripped. DR's are 5's, 6's, 7. That is shit.
4. Ripping disc Dolby Digital, 5.1 24bit/48Khz plays well when ripped. DR's are 11, 12's, 13's.
5. Ripping disc DTS 5.1, there is no information, there is no rip. This is where the problem lies, it is authored for DTS 5.1 with 11 tracks, but they are empty.

2024 starts with the worst box set of the year.

Back to this mess.
Has anyone made a complaint and got an answer?

This is what I know as facts.
1. CD Demo disc plays and rips perfect.
2. DVD-V disc does not play in player at all.
3. Ripping disc, stereo, 24bit/96Khz FLAC plays well when ripped. DR's are 5's, 6's, 7. That is shit.
4. Ripping disc Dolby Digital, 5.1 24bit/48Khz plays well when ripped. DR's are 11, 12's, 13's.
5. Ripping disc DTS 5.1, there is no information, there is no rip. This is where the problem lies, it is authored for DTS 5.1 with 11 tracks, but they are empty.

2024 starts with the worst box set of the year.
I can get the Dolby 5.1 to play but only a track at a time, there is something seriously wrong with the authoring. I sent The Levellers HQ an email, no reply.

I got a reply from them, but I don't really understand there grammar?

Do they want me to send the actual disc back to them and then they will look into it?

Or do they mean leave the question as is with her/him and they will get back to me?

Dear Mark
I am really sorry to hear that. Please will you leave it with me while I look into getting a replacement disc.
Fi

Best wishes Fi Axford
Levellers
www.levellers.co.uk
PO Box 29
Winkleigh
EX19 8WE
[email protected]

I got a reply from them, but I don't really understand there grammar?

Do they want me to send the actual disc back to them and then they will look into it?

Or do they mean leave the question as is with her/him and they will get back to me?

Dear Mark
I am really sorry to hear that. Please will you leave it with me while I look into getting a replacement disc.
Fi

Best wishes Fi Axford
Levellers
www.levellers.co.uk
PO Box 29
Winkleigh
EX19 8WE
[email protected]
"Leave it with me" is a common Brit expression, equivalent to "I've got this, let me handle it," as I understand it.

Good news, and professional of him to give you his name & direct email.

Three cheers for Fi from this side of the pond! 🥂🍻🍷
After I thanked her for spending 12 quid more than I was charged for shipping to get my pre-order delivered to USA before Christmas, I got this reply:

[I'll repeat myself to observe they're not making much profit on this small limited edition.]

Dear Dave
I am glad the box set arrived in time for Christmas and you are pleased with it.

They were very expensive to send.
I had to take them to the post office instead of sending them the usual way as they were so heavy especially with the extra packaging.

I am sorry one of your discs was faulty, I will send you a replacement this week.
Fi
Dispatched from UK 15-12-23, delivered to Cornstock Nation 20-12-23.

View attachment 99506

View attachment 99507

I was charged 30 British pounds shipping.
Her Majesty's Royal Mail stamp appears to indicate The Levellers paid £41.80 to get my £99.99 pre-order to me in time for Christmas. Much appreciated.

View attachment 99508

Ship notice for replacement disc with tracking from His Majesty's Royal Mail:

1707942163192.png

We have received your parcel RFxxxxxxxxGB from Levellers and it is now being processed to leave the UK.

Back