Tubular Bells 2003-Dvd-A...where is it?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
daved64 said:
Anyone find it? I can't!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is set for an October 13 release in Europe. I haven't found any confirmation that Rhino (which did eventually release the CD of Tubular Bells 2003 here in the U.S. during the first week of August -- months after the title had been available in Europe) is planning a domestic issue of the DVD-A. They'd be nuts not to, but there have been comments made that Rhino may not exactly be all that gung-ho about DVD-A.

I'm really looking forward to this m/c mix; the eight-minute preview on the imported Tubular Bells 2003 extra disc sounded great -- and that was only Dolby Digital (or DTS)!

BiggerzBetter said:
This is set for an October 13 release in Europe. I haven't found any confirmation that Rhino (which did eventually release the CD of Tubular Bells 2003 here in the U.S. during the first week of August -- months after the title had been available in Europe) is planning a domestic issue of the DVD-A. They'd be nuts not to, but there have been comments made that Rhino may not exactly be all that gung-ho about DVD-A.

I'm really looking forward to this m/c mix; the eight-minute preview on the imported Tubular Bells 2003 extra disc sounded great -- and that was only Dolby Digital (or DTS)!
From our forum......

August 26
April Wine - From the Front Row Live! (Silverline)
David Crosby - From the Front Row Live! (Silverline)
Robert Gordon - From the Front Row Live! (Silverline)
Kingfish - From the Front Row Live! (Silverline)
Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells 2003
Stiff Little Fingers - From the Front Row Live! (Silverline)
Pat Travers - From the Front Row Live! (Silverline)

and this....THEY CHANGED THE DATE!!!!!!
http://www.highfidelityreview.com/news/news.asp?newsnumber=15400270

Last edited:
And again, without wanting to hammer the point home, the HFR article refers only to Warner Music Spain and Warner Vision International divisions, meaning the European release of the DVD-A. Here's a link to a press release about the European DVD-A: http://www.noblepr.co.uk/Press_Releases/dvd-a/tubular_bells.htm

I'm imagining a repeat of the CD-only Tubular Bells 2003 release for the DVD-A: first Europe (still available to folks in the USA via the Internet, though at a higher cost) and then the U.S. months later. There's a chance, however, that there won't be a domestic release. That's why I'll pick up whichever version is released first (I'm not much of a gambler).

Of course, the video portion of the European DVD-A release will be in the PAL format only, but it brings up an interesting point. Should there be a U.S. release, the video extracts will be taken from programs that aren't currently available for Region 1!

Back