Tusk??

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jkoolpe

Since 2002/2003
Hey all!

So any new updates on Fleetwood Mac's "Tusk?" I am still chomping at the bit to here this one in multichannel!!

It doesn't look good for the pre-announced (and previously delayed) 9/9 release date since I haven't seen it up for pre-order anywhere:(.

Dangit Warner Bros...you announced this date about 4 or 5 months ago...why the heck can't you get it out in that timeframe? Plus I had heard that this one was being worked on since well over a year ago!! :mad:

Once again, it's no wonder this format isn't taking off...not only does almost every announced title get delayed, the delays are repeated and usually several months long each! NOT a good way to run any kind of business... :rolleyes:

Still hoping to be pleasantly surprised on 9/9...

Jon

Got this off of the Ledge which is a Fleetwood Mac fan site.
http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?threadid=11364

With the rumours going round about the Tusk and White Album DVD-A 5:1 mixes coming out this year and a date for Tusk
- http://buydvdnow.com/Merchant2/merc...D&Product_Code= DA100178

I have just got through with talking with Ken Caillat who is mixing these disks and this is what is had to say:

Neil, totally bogus info! It will be Christmas at the earliest. The band has to approve the mixes and I won't be playing them until next Wednesday for Lindsey, then it will take 3 months to assemble the DVD and get it out to stores. I'm still mixing the white album as we speak.

As far as extras go,
Tusk extras: Sara 8 minutes long (full version), Beautiful Child, full instrumentation, contains instruments not used in original stereo mix, Never make me cry, full instrumentation, the same applies to all the mixes really

White Album, Landslide, Stevie harmony vocals put back into the mix, So Afraid, more instruments, vocals. I had the original engineer over yesterday, Dave Davore, and he flipped when heard how good and new the 5.1 mixes sounded.

There are also 2 song ideas on each album that could be used if the band wants to, and a slow version of So Afraid. But I doubt that they do much special. The band is not focused on DVD, just their future and their private lives, I have offered to Rhino Records to help them get extra stuff for the DVD, but I don't think they care much. What would be a big help would be to have the fans write or call Robin Hurley at Rhino and express their desires for more extras on the album.

So guys if we want more rare items on these, lets get in contact with Robin Hurley at Rhino and let them know, anyone got contact details for Rhino?

- Neil

Thanks for the update!

Good and bad news, I guess...it's being worked on, but we're still looking at another 4 month wait (at least!). I hope that they can get it released in time for the holiday season...

Also, I sure do wish that I could be a fly on the wall when Mr. Callait plays the 5.1 mixes for Lindsey! :D

I have heard about the extra-long version of "Sara"...can't wait to hear it as that is probably my favorite FM song of all!

Do you have contact information for the guy at Rhino? I would gladly write him a note...

Jonathan

mdmost said:
Got this off of the Ledge which is a Fleetwood Mac fan site.
http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?threadid=11364

With the rumours going round about the Tusk and White Album DVD-A 5:1 mixes coming out this year and a date for Tusk

- Neil
thanks for the heart attack!
When I saw White Album, I freaked.....I then realized you meant the Fleetwood Mac album!
:mad:@:

jkoolpe said:
Thanks for the update!

Good and bad news, I guess...it's being worked on, but we're still looking at another 4 month wait (at least!). I hope that they can get it released in time for the holiday season...

Also, I sure do wish that I could be a fly on the wall when Mr. Callait plays the 5.1 mixes for Lindsey! :D

I have heard about the extra-long version of "Sara"...can't wait to hear it as that is probably my favorite FM song of all!

Do you have contact information for the guy at Rhino? I would gladly write him a note...

Jonathan

It's down towards the bottom of the post on the ledge website.
Michael

I have heard about the extra-long version of "Sara"l

Errr... going out on a limb here, but I think they're simply referring to the song's original length. I believe "Sara" was edited for the CD release of Tusk, which was released back in the days where record companies would do anything to fit double albums onto one CD. I'm could be wrong about the original's length (it's been a long day today), so somebody please feel free to correct me if need be!

Yea, I know the edited, "single" version of "Sara" was included on the "Tusk" CD because of the time/space constraints of CDs back then...that sure got me peaved at the time when I bought it:mad:.

In fact, it was the main reason I bought the "Greatest Hits" compilation when it was released a couple of years later even though I had all of their CDs already...I just had to have that full length version on CD!:)

And of course, nowadays I have the proper version on my "Tusk" CD which I burned myself using my 2 original purchases...ahh, the wonders of modern technology! :cool:

But the full length version was about 6 minutes long only so I was hoping an 8 minute version might be different, but maybe Neil is just referring to the 6 minute version after all.

I did read an interview with Ken Caillat awhile back where he mentioned that the original version of "Sara" was actually 15 minutes long (!), but Stevie knew (and agreed) that it had to be edited to fit on the album. So I was hoping that this 8 minute version might have something to do with that...

I can still hope, eh? ;)

Jonathan

jkoolpe said:
Jonathan

I love the Tusk album and can't wait for release in glorious 5.1 but...

I know "Sara" is a fave of many people but even at the edited length I thought it was too long. That is one of those songs that make me jump to the radio to change the station after just the first couple of notes.

Now... if it was "Sisters Of The Moon" then 8 minutes would be really cool !!! But that's just me....

Back