Universal Adds 14 SACDs to Release List

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmoura

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
The new Universal Music SACD Release list shows 14 new titles in the months ahead. Included on the list are the upcoming Diana Krall album (The Girl In The Other Room), her earlier Love Scenes album, the Wallflowers' Red Letter Days album and several others.

Check the story on High Fidelity Review at http://www.highfidelityreview.com/news/news.asp?newsnumber=11748902 for more details.

WOW!! Derek & The Dominos "Layla" is one of the titles on the list... I'm salivating at the thought of i!

Maybe if we all ask real hard, they'll put out some Van Morrison in Surround for us too!

Clark

ClarkNovak said:
WOW!! Derek & The Dominos "Layla" is one of the titles on the list... I'm salivating at the thought of i!

Maybe if we all ask real hard, they'll put out some Van Morrison in Surround for us too!

Clark

Could be although I think Universal only has rights to the most recent material by Van Morrison. The earlier titles were on Warner.

bmoura said:
Could be although I think Universal only has rights to the most recent material by Van Morrison. The earlier titles were on Warner.

You're right, Van was on Warners up to about 1982, but he's one of those rare artists who had the foresight to keep the rights to his works, so beginning in '73 with "Tupelo Honey" he owned the masters. When he switched to Mercury he took the catalog with him; now there are only three albums left on Warner (Astral Weeks, Moondance and Band & Street Choir), and Blowin' Your Mind on CBS (acquired when they bought Bang from Bert Burns and the Erteguns in the late '70s).

More than you ever wanted to know! :D

Back