Warner Japan To Reissue DVDA Titles as SACD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why the hell would we laugh, Snood?
That Linda Ronstadt SACD is incredible, with a wonderful George Massenburg mix to boot! You'll go bananas once you hear it! :)

I could cry when I think of Linda Ronstadt.. all that talent gone to waste since she's been blighted by Parkinson's :(

Now if they'd do some "new" ones that would be great. There's those two Alice Cooper titles, for example.

Send your requests to Warner Music Japan. Who knows, more Multichannel SACDs could arrive from them if the sales warrant.

Don't laugh but Snood just sprung for the Linda Ronstadt - What's New SACD from CD Japan - shopped with them before so had a discount got it for 27.78 total which included airmail............

Always loved that album :mad:@: Always loved her voice :banana:

Thank you for the links bmoura :snoodhug:

oh yeah they some damn good prices.

I "tried" to order that SACD from an amazon 3rd party seller...but they sent me the CD instead..BUT...they sent me this one and it sounds excellent...very dynamic and the vocals are crystal clear...of course there was no surround....but since it was free(their mistake)I'm happy with this version...

I "tried" to order that SACD from an amazon 3rd party seller...but they sent me the CD instead..BUT...they sent me this one and it sounds excellent...very dynamic and the vocals are crystal clear...of course there was no surround....but since it was free (their mistake) I'm happy with this version...

You could always try CD Japan. They have always sent me the SACD - or SHM SACD - edition of an album when I ordered it from them.
No problems there.

Send your requests to Warner Music Japan. Who knows, more Multichannel SACDs could arrive from them if the sales warrant.

Thanks, Brian. I might just do that!

I only have "Machine Head" left to buy as I'll never buy "The Doors" since I already have it on DVD-A (and the surround mix is not really surround to begin with)
But there's always great titles that Warner Music Japan could reissue on Multichannel SACD that I would buy in a heartbeat! :)

Thanks, Brian. I might just do that!

I only have "Machine Head" left to buy as I'll never buy "The Doors" since I already have it on DVD-A (and the surround mix is not really surround to begin with)
But there's always great titles that Warner Music Japan could reissue on Multichannel SACD that I would buy in a heartbeat! :)

Warner Music Japan could certainly issue more albums in Multichannel SACD. It could be an ongoing project, like the Stereo SHM-SACDs from Universal Music Japan.
You never know.

Warner Music Japan could certainly issue more albums in Multichannel SACD. It could be an ongoing project, like the Stereo SHM-SACDs from Universal Music Japan.
You never know.

Well we'll see how they respond. I sent them a message through their website requesting these titles for reissue on Multichannel SACD:

"Billion Dollar Babies" by Alice Cooper
"The Last Waltz" by The Band
"Spectrum" by Billy Cobham
"Workingman's Dead" by The Grateful Dead
"Little Criminals" by Randy Newman
"No Secrets" by Carly Simon
"Harvest" by Neil Young

I might have also requested a Multichannel SACD reissue of "Electric Warrior" by T-Rex, but I didn't since that one has already been released on Multichannel SACD (despite the RIDICULOUS prices it fetches for now…)

Well we'll see how they respond. I sent them a message through their website requesting these titles for reissue on Multichannel SACD:

"Harvest" by Neil Young

A good list to start with.

A good list to start with.

Well that's about all of the ones I could think of! ;)
All of their Multichannel SACDs titles are basically albums from the late 60s to the early 80s, and all 10 titles released are by completely different artists (no repeats), so I tried to echo that in my requests. :)

I might have also requested a Multichannel SACD reissue of "Electric Warrior" by T-Rex, but I didn't since that one has already been released on Multichannel SACD (despite the RIDICULOUS prices it fetches for now…)

Plus it was among the titles they did re-issues with the SHM-SACD's last fall and it didn't sell out...here...not much incentive to issue a multi channel of that title from their perspective....

Plus it was among the titles they did re-issues with the SHM-SACD's last fall and it didn't sell out...here...not much incentive to issue a multi channel of that title from their perspective....

Plus that SACD (along with the Multichannel SACD) were released by Universal Music, not Warner Music, so it's tough to say if they would even have the rights to that title in Japan.
It was released though as a DVD-A disc by Warner Music.
Rights & ownership…sometimes it's just baffling… :confused:

"Harvest" by Neil Young

The good news is that even if Warner Music Japan completely ignore my request, a few of these titles could still be potential Audio Fidelity SACDs.
I'm referring specifically to "Spectrum" and "Little Criminals"
(I doubt Neil Young would ever grant a license for a reissue of "Harvest", and the other four titles are already domestic SACDs)

The good news is that even if Warner Music Japan completely ignore my request, a few of these titles could still be potential Audio Fidelity SACDs.
I'm referring specifically to "Spectrum" and "Little Criminals"
(I doubt Neil Young would ever grant a license for a reissue of "Harvest", and the other four titles are already domestic SACDs)

My take on the situation RT, is right now I can only rely on AF to get it done wrt these old Quads and 5.1's.. Warner seems slim to nil chance but hope springs eternal..

Rumors - Fleetwood Mac
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/WPCR-14171

What's New - Linda Ronstadt
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/WPCR-14169

Machine Head - Deep Purple
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/WPCR-14166

Looks like Hotel California by the Eagles, Fragile by Yes and Foreigner 4 are now back in stock as well:

Hotel California - The Eagles
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/WPCR-14165

Fragile - Yes
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/WPCR-14167

Foreigner 4
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/WPCR-14173

Thank you for those links, I ordered Deep Purple and Foreigner :banana:.

My take on the situation RT, is right now I can only rely on AF to get it done wrt these old Quads and 5.1's.. Warner seems slim to nil chance but hope springs eternal..

I agree. I don't see much chance in Warner Music taking an initiative to do more Japanese Multichannel SACDs, but I still think it was good to give it a shot.
In the meantime, I think I'll send a request to Audio Fidelity for "Little Criminals". I already know they sent in a request for "Spectrum".
Hope Springs Eternal, indeed! :)

I like cdJapan...very happy with them...I'm happy with the non surround version:)..I might grab her Hoffman mastered DCC greatest hits Gold Disc instead...

Yikes!! Don't even think about buying that one. It sounds rather cold and metallic.

Back