What amp to pair with Marantz Quad 4140 and JBL L112's?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

racyte

I have a Marantz 4140 integrated receiver and a pair of JBL L112's speakers which require a lot of power so I wanted to hook up an amplifier (same era please) but really am not knowledgeable about adding amps/pre amps or if that will help.
I do understand that there is more of an equation at work when adding more power and that it is not a lineal thing like if I add 100 wpc amp it will not be louder.
What I am looking for is anyone that has knowledge of a good match to help with the needs of the speakers and give my receiver a boost.
I really want to do the right thing and am trying to educate myself w/ the help of these very cool forums and the folks that spend time helping newbies like me:D.
Thanks very much.

A couple of questions. Are you intending to go with a standard stereo setup, ie two speakers, or do you want to expand to quadraphonic, ie four speakers? The answer to these two questions will determine recommendations.

MTGC (Michael)

Back