What's happened to Merging Technologies "Emotion"?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wappinghigh

Well over 12 months back "Emotion", a cut down version of Pyramix (for Audiophiles) was announced on several websites, and even by Merging directly, but now things seemed to have stalled.

I have a multichannel DSD DAC just waiting to be connected for months now (in anticipation of the solution release), but no DSD hardware/software solution to connect it.

Merging have had the Mykinos cards for years now, but these look long in the tooth (driver upgrades have stalled at Windows Vista). And in any case, a quad audiophile doesn't need the full audioengineering and surround mixing powers of Pyramix or the new Horus platform: I just want to play the files!!

JRiver and a couple of other software solutions are out there, but only for multichannel PCM. There is no multichannel DSD card I know other than the Mykinos (and incredibly expensive Sonoma). Certainly folks like RME and Lynx don't make DSD capable surround cards.

So where are we with Emotion?

What's happened?

^ Bump and correction.

JRiver is now capable of playing multichannel PCM *and* DSD..

Come on guys help me out here...

This is where it's going to be at :)

You should ask the manufacturer of the product.

-Kristian

Back